Can you train too long?

PeaceLove&Buds

It’s never too late to be what you might’ve been
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Homegrown!
Hello all, I’ve found more people read this forum to help newbies than journals so I’ll reach for help here as well. In short, is it ok to continue training branches flat when the plants start to focus energy on flowering? I‘m looking to provide light to the inside and keep as many bud sites level as possible but I don’t want to stunt it’s growth. It’s a new approach for me as I usually do minimal training and remove the sections I’m trying to grow so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Here’s 1 of the 4 I’m growing as an example and thanks again.

2F1A3CE4-84EC-4530-B781-F7281883F2C0.jpeg
D056AC85-79F9-4F85-A023-15A7F370112E.jpeg

I start when I get a mature fifth node and will tie down and adjust daily as the plant grows. During the stretch I really crank down the nodes and then two weeks after the stretch I can remove all ties as all nodes are trained and set and hurry up and wait for the buds to finish. This is functional for my purposes.

Attachments

• Start.jpg
    Start.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 34
  • Restrained.jpg
    Restrained.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 38
  • Plastic or cloth..jpg
    Plastic or cloth..jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 39
Extensive training into flower will just lead to more uniform buds and possibly a larger yield. It can also increase your chance of mold or mildew issues if you arent careful.

gl

Extensive training into flower will just lead to more uniform buds and possibly a larger yield. It can also increase your chance of mold or mildew issues if you arent careful.

gl
Wouldent the opposite be true? More even canopy. More air circulation can get through the plants. Or is it the training it self that can cause mold?

@PeaceLove&Buds your plant looks grand, with some tidy tying down - with healthy plants you can and in my opinion should continue to essentially 'optimise' location through early flower - and you will be fine to continue shaping bit after stretch has finished as well...that's the bit I always mess up, start with so much promise, then it goes down hill when they go nuts

ive read a comment saying its important to keep the main cola below the rest to break up apical dominance or some shit idk how true that is but im gonna give a try

ive read a comment saying its important to keep the main cola below the rest to break up apical dominance or some shit idk how true that is but im gonna give a try
Yes, auxins are plant growth regulators. if the main cola is lowered, the auxins are distributed more evenly throughout the plant and growth is more uniform

Back