Cannabis Leaf Cannagars

Hello everyone, I have been experimenting with rolling some cannagars lately and wanted to share my process of rolling one up with some actual fresh cannabis leaves! This means it's 100% cannabis. If you haven't tried it before I'd definitely recommend it, I much prefer it to wraps or papers now. It's not super easy persay but there are a few things you can do to make it easier that I'll highlight. I've also wasted quite a bit of cannabis/concentrates and my time trying to get it right so hopefully this can help save someone else some time/money.

For this guide you will need
A cannagar mold
Rolling glue
62 boveda pack
Wide mouth mason jar
Parchment paper
Something heavy
Way of making/obtaining concentrate (optional)

Step one would be to find a good cannabis leaf, I chose one off my Fog Dog Auto since it's fans are bigger than my face.
PXL_20220722_045018770.jpg

Get a large section of parchment paper and fold it in half. Remove all of the individual leaves from the fan and place them on the sheet
PXL_20220722_045023563.jpg

I spread them out for the pictures, all the leaves will be on one side and then I fold it over and sandwich them between the parchment.
PXL_20220722_045229485.jpg

Now just leave them to lay out on the table for about a day or so. You want them to turn soft and malleable, if it's dry and crunchy you waited too long and if you can't fold it back over itself without it ripping then you haven't waited long enough. Once it's in the right range you'll be able to tell it's pretty obvious once you do it right. This is a very important step, mess this part up and your cannagars will crack while rolling or just fall apart all together.

After you get the leaves plucked and laid out you press your cannagar mold
PXL_20220722_060150451.jpg
PXL_20220722_062552088.jpg

For the sake of this guide I'm going to assume you already know what a cannagar is and the general process of making one with a mold. There are many out there but I personally use the Purple Rose Supply cannagar personal mold along with their glue and tips. They work great and if you are looking for one definitely check them out @chubsPBBreath. Believe the coupon code for AFN is AUTOGAR for 20% off.
So get that packed and I like to leave it overnight in a mason jar with a 62 boveda to cure. The longer the cure the better but 4 hours to overnight works as a min. That's it for day one.

Next day once the leaves are ready you now have to shape and press the wrap. I snip the small parts of the leaf ends off to get a good starting point I place the leaves largest to biggest, you can do it however you want.
PXL_20220722_180118423.jpg

Next you glue the right underside of the leaf and the place the leaf next to it over it, overlapping about half the new leaf. The goal here is to overlap and glue the leaves together vertically next to each other. My glue works as a brush so brushing from the middle of the leaf outwards makes sure you don't rip or wrinkle it while applying the glue. If there are any extra or small ones keep it in case you need it for the mouthpiece.
PXL_20220722_180559058.jpg

After you have them glued place them on one side of the parchment and sandwich them between the papers. I then get something large and heavy to press the leaves with. I leave it like this for about 8-12 hours or until it feels dry and flat pressed. I flip/move it every 4 hours or so as the parchment tends to absorb the extra glue. This helps flatten out those leaf veins.
PXL_20220722_180649654.jpg

I usually put some concentrate on my cannagars, a 1g sheet flattened out usually works great to prewrap your cannagar. For this one I only used about .7g. I went ahead and press that around now as well.
PXL_20220723_020501549.jpg
PXL_20220723_030512014.jpg

That is usually how I stop day 2, you can of course do many of these at once I'm just doing one as an example. Day 3 is where the fun starts!

Last edited:
Next day after your wrap is glued, pressed and ready to roll, your concentrate is ready and your cannagar is cured and ready you can begin! First step would be wrapping your cannagar in the concentrate
PXL_20220723_024222012.jpg

This is going to be the trickiest part and usually where you'll mess up so be careful and work patiently. First tip: NEVER grab the cannagar by the stick. That's the quickest way to ruin it. Always grab it by the whole core. Now once you have your concentrate pressed out how you want it, I was very lazy with it this time.. you place your cannagar right in the middle of it. Next kinda wrap the wax around the cannagar with the parchment paper be careful the concentrate doesn't pull away from the cannagar as that will start to ruin it. Once you have it all wrapped up you will take it and pop it in your freezer for about 1 min. Don't skip this step. After the min pull it out and kinda tug/snap the parchment off. It should pull away quickly and cleanly, work quickly as it heats up fast and will start to stick. Don't be afraid to freeze it multiple times if need be, this is usually where I messed it up so be patient. If you do it right you'll end up with something like this
PXL_20220723_024724637.jpg

The next step would be starting to do your wrap! I place the cannagar on it and begin to glue where all of the leaves will touch on both sides of the cannagar. You don't want to glue the cannagar itself as too much moisture will make the mold break apart.
PXL_20220723_025110398.jpg

Then using glue as needed you start your roll! The concentrate will be sticky and will help you. If you coated the entire thing you shouldn't need glue intially for the roll but you will need it to close the wrap up. It should go smoothly just make sure to get it as tight as you can without ripping it or leaving wrinkles. Go slow and don't force it.
PXL_20220723_025449005.jpg

I usually try to twist up the extra around the mouthpiece like this it helps with fitting on the wood tip
PXL_20220723_025458298.jpg

After you have your masterpiece rolled I you want to make sure it stays tight and none of that comes unglued so you will need to wrap it up in some twine. I use garden twine cause it's what I had, not a fan of it and will be switching to something else so I don't have to pick off twine when I'm done. Anyways I tie a little loop to one end of the stick and wrap it up. You don't want it tight, it's just meant to hold the leaves shape while it dries.
PXL_20220723_025607931.jpg

PXL_20220726_033127759.jpg

After you get it wrapped up place it in a mason jar with 62 boveda pack to start it's cure.
PXL_20220723_030116803.jpg

Wait about a two days and then it should be dry enough to remove the twine
PXL_20220726_033320651.jpg

After the twine is removed all that is left is to clean it up and put on the tip!
I use some wire cutters to snip the extra leaf around the wood dowel on the mouthpiece end.
PXL_20220726_033603154.jpg

Next you pull the dowel out half way to use as a guide to press in the wood tip. You can use glue here but if it's tight fit I don't. I go very slow and kind of twist as I press being careful not to rip or twist the wrap.
PXL_20220726_033830368.jpg

Once you feel your wood tip is on enough pull the dowel the rest of the way out. Final step is to cut off the extra on the other end.
PXL_20220726_033935447.jpg

And you're done! You have yourself a hand wrapped fresh leaf cannagar. Place it in the mason jar with the boveda one last time for it to cure. Keep it out of the light and leave it in there for a min of 2 weeks. Usually I wait about a month. Hope you all enjoyed, please don't hesitate to ask if you have questions!
PXL_20220726_033956888.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty damn amazing
Thanks Bill! I plan on making a few here and there and placing them in some corked glass test tubes and then sealing them with some wax. Should make for some happy campers come Christmas time.

Been thinking about grabbing the bigger size molds from purple rose supply and trying out some monster sized ones with some wax designs as well. It's definitely been fun!

Last edited:
Nice, we used to do the same... Without a mold. Such a mess. But what I learned is to take a long piece of stalk and gently pull long strips of hemp fiber and use that to tie with. Then you don't have to remove it when smoking commences! Just an idea for you!

Nice, we used to do the same... Without a mold. Such a mess. But what I learned is to take a long piece of stalk and gently pull long strips of hemp fiber and use that to tie with. Then you don't have to remove it when smoking commences! Just an idea for you!
Oooo okay yeah I know exactly what you mean, can't believe I haven't thought of that! :face: That would be perfect!
Definitely going to try that out, appreciate the recommendation!

I'll keep updating this thread with anything new I do like this. Anyone else feel free to join in or throw ideas out!

Very nice write up! I will show my room mate this as i don't care for joints or blunts but he buys the hell out of king palms so this might save him money (not sure about time LOL)

Very nice write up! I will show my room mate this as i don't care for joints or blunts but he buys the hell out of king palms so this might save him money (not sure about time LOL)
Thanks man! It's definitely cool and something not many people will have which is why I like it. Oddly enough I mainly smoke out of glass so these are just the occasional treat for me and the wife.

Great guide! Thanks so much for putting this together. Really well documented and I appreciate the time to type out your tips, tricks, and snags you found along the way.

I bet that thing is a wild ride when you are done! Hahaha

Great guide! Thanks so much for putting this together. Really well documented and I appreciate the time to type out your tips, tricks, and snags you found along the way.

I bet that thing is a wild ride when you are done! Hahaha
Thanks man! I appreciate the rep :smoking: And yeah they're great for groups, they last forever.

Back