Cannabis Leaf Cannagars

Hello everyone, I have been experimenting with rolling some cannagars lately and wanted to share my process of rolling one up with some actual fresh cannabis leaves! This means it's 100% cannabis. If you haven't tried it before I'd definitely recommend it, I much prefer it to wraps or papers now. It's not super easy persay but there are a few things you can do to make it easier that I'll highlight. I've also wasted quite a bit of cannabis/concentrates and my time trying to get it right so hopefully this can help save someone else some time/money.

For this guide you will need
A cannagar mold
Rolling glue
62 boveda pack
Wide mouth mason jar
Parchment paper
Something heavy
Way of making/obtaining concentrate (optional)

Step one would be to find a good cannabis leaf, I chose one off my Fog Dog Auto since it's fans are bigger than my face.
PXL_20220722_045018770.jpg

Get a large section of parchment paper and fold it in half. Remove all of the individual leaves from the fan and place them on the sheet
PXL_20220722_045023563.jpg

I spread them out for the pictures, all the leaves will be on one side and then I fold it over and sandwich them between the parchment.
PXL_20220722_045229485.jpg

Now just leave them to lay out on the table for about a day or so. You want them to turn soft and malleable, if it's dry and crunchy you waited too long and if you can't fold it back over itself without it ripping then you haven't waited long enough. Once it's in the right range you'll be able to tell it's pretty obvious once you do it right. This is a very important step, mess this part up and your cannagars will crack while rolling or just fall apart all together.

After you get the leaves plucked and laid out you press your cannagar mold
PXL_20220722_060150451.jpg
PXL_20220722_062552088.jpg

For the sake of this guide I'm going to assume you already know what a cannagar is and the general process of making one with a mold. There are many out there but I personally use the Purple Rose Supply cannagar personal mold along with their glue and tips. They work great and if you are looking for one definitely check them out @chubsPBBreath. Believe the coupon code for AFN is AUTOGAR for 20% off.
So get that packed and I like to leave it overnight in a mason jar with a 62 boveda to cure. The longer the cure the better but 4 hours to overnight works as a min. That's it for day one.

Next day once the leaves are ready you now have to shape and press the wrap. I snip the small parts of the leaf ends off to get a good starting point I place the leaves largest to biggest, you can do it however you want.
PXL_20220722_180118423.jpg

Next you glue the right underside of the leaf and the place the leaf next to it over it, overlapping about half the new leaf. The goal here is to overlap and glue the leaves together vertically next to each other. My glue works as a brush so brushing from the middle of the leaf outwards makes sure you don't rip or wrinkle it while applying the glue. If there are any extra or small ones keep it in case you need it for the mouthpiece.
PXL_20220722_180559058.jpg

After you have them glued place them on one side of the parchment and sandwich them between the papers. I then get something large and heavy to press the leaves with. I leave it like this for about 8-12 hours or until it feels dry and flat pressed. I flip/move it every 4 hours or so as the parchment tends to absorb the extra glue. This helps flatten out those leaf veins.
PXL_20220722_180649654.jpg

I usually put some concentrate on my cannagars, a 1g sheet flattened out usually works great to prewrap your cannagar. For this one I only used about .7g. I went ahead and press that around now as well.
PXL_20220723_020501549.jpg
PXL_20220723_030512014.jpg

That is usually how I stop day 2, you can of course do many of these at once I'm just doing one as an example. Day 3 is where the fun starts!

Last edited:
Interesting. I was unaware until the last few years that Thai sticks were effectively cigars and could be consumed that way. I have never seen a full stick in person, only a smaller piece or two back in the late 70's. Got to try it once. Very small amount, but I remember it being good. Same story with black African smoke. It's only recently that I have actually known what I am smoking and thats mostly because I grew it. :crying:

Decided to snag a large 10-14g mold for something different at get togethers, it's supposed to burn for 6+ hours. This one's a mix of moth man, marathon OG, Galaxy brain, and a little bit of gorilla punch on the end, wrapped in 1g of Queen's Banner rosin. Ordered some of the native leaf packs this round to try out so that's what it was wrapped with. They are definitely cool but if you have access to fresh leaves there are cheaper easier ways to do it yourself. Gonna save this one for a special occasion. Cheers everyone! :pass:

PXL_20230209_155028537~2.jpg
PXL_20230210_160056868~2.jpg
PXL_20230209_190732937~3.jpg
PXL_20230210_163506395~2.jpg
PXL_20230210_164503443~2.jpg

Last edited:
@Zer0 thanks for the rep man! If you're interested in making one yourself purple rose supply is where I get my molds, mouthpieces and skewers. The glue they make is really nice too. Have a bunch of different sizes, even a new 42g one with this special humidor and glass tip for it. Lasts 24+ hours I guess. I'll probably never buy it but I can dream lol.

Can you make your own glue from rosin thinned with a couple drops of everclear?

Can you make your own glue from rosin thinned with a couple drops of everclear?
I can't say I've tried that. I'd imagine you'd wanna make sure the ethanol is evaporated out if you did.

You could just decarb it and see if that works. It's what I usually do for carts.

@JP1 thanks for the rep! :pass: :d5:

Back