Cannabis Paste for Blood Cancer

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

Paste vs RSO vs Tincture for helping body fight blood cancer. Suggestions and reasons for choosing your approach?

Last edited:
Hi @RichiePlantBased :welcome: to AFN!

Off the top of my head, I'd say RSO is what I would use. I have talked with several people who have eliminated cancer and tumors after they started making and taking RSO.
I haven't had any experience with making cannabis paste, but any process that uses the whole plant would be the right way to go. You can even juice the leaves.
Changing your diet (like you have) should be a big help too. Are you using a specific program?
We have a section Let Food be thy Medicine and Medicine be thy Food you may want to look at.

Bringing your body pH up is another thing that helps the body fight cancer.
PH Plan Quick Start is a good place to start.

Here is some info on how cannabis works on cancer
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/cancer.59924/
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/cancer.59923/
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/cancer.59922/

Any thing I can do to help, @ me. There's a lot of info here and we like to help :bighug:

My current aim has been to eliminate anything that has a mamma or pappa. Whilst sticking to wholesome organic produce where possible.

I've also been trying to make my body more alkaline, baking soda, ph filters etc.

I am unsure of the stage of my cancer but scans last week so hoping some clarity this week. From initial meetings with consultant I don't believe there is any urgency on further treatment. Whilst myeloma ain't curable they are unsure of my progression.

I think i will do 50/50 split with my bud and make both.

I will dry the bud and separate any of the leaves For freezing for like you mentioned juicing.

It's a massive educational journey

It's a massive educational journey
:bighug:

I've also been trying to make my body more alkaline, baking soda, ph filters etc.
:thumbsup:
We encourage everyone to keep pH positive!

Rather long study (I only posted the discussion) They used cannabis, not hemp (have to watch some of the studies use hemp or synthetic cannabinoids). The synergy of all the cannabinoids (like in the paste or RSO)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5363603/
Cannabinoids synergize with carfilzomib, reducing multiple myeloma cells viability and migration

DISCUSSION

Over the last twenty years the antitumor benefits afforded by cannabinoids have been proved in different human cancer cell lines and in vivo preclinical models [1]. The main effects of cannabinoids in impairing tumor progression were related to their anti-proliferative, pro-cell death and anti-migratory activities, which were noted in solid and haematological cancers. In GBM both CBD and the THC-CBD combination, were found to reduce cell viability and induce apoptosis in vitro and in GBM xenografts [4, 27]. CBD induces apoptotic cell death in vitro in A549, H460 lung cancer cell lines and in primary cells from patients with lung cancer and causes tumor regression in A549-xenografted nude mice [28]. In breast cancer, THC inhibits cell proliferation by blocking the cell cycle and inducing apoptotic cell death [29, 30], while CBD inhibits AKT and mTOR signaling inducing autophagic-cell death [31].

In multiple myeloma, our previous findings demonstrated that CBD reduced cell proliferation and induced necrotic cell death [11]. In the present study, our data on THC and mainly on the THC-CBD combination as stimulatory factors of autophagic-dependent cell death in MM cell lines, support previous data regarding the efficacy of cannabinoids as anti-tumoral drugs, in different human cancer models.

For cannabinoids, different experimental data suggested that the combined administration of cannabinoids with other anti-cancer drugs, could act synergistically, to reduce tumor growth and chemoresistance. In GBM, temozolomide and carmustine, exert anti-tumor activity and the combination with CBD or THC-CBD synergistically increases GBM cells death both in vitro and in vivo, overpowering resistance mechanisms and lowering the chemotherapeutic doses, thereby leading to few adverse events [4, 32]. In another study it was reported that the combination of THC with cytotoxic agents (cytarabine, doxorubicin, vincristine) increased apoptosis in leukemia cells [33] and CBD was shown to enhance the ability of triple negative breast cancer subtype cells to uptake doxorubicin and significantly enhance its anti-tumorigenic efficacy [34]. In MM cells, the CBD and BTZ combination was found to be more effective compared with BTZ alone and to act synergistically in inducing cell death [11]. Herein we investigated the effect of CBD and THC in combination with CFZ, showing a synergistic effect between the three drugs, supporting the fact that combining THC-CBD with established cytotoxic agents should result in a higher level of anticancer activity compared with that of cytotoxic agents acting alone.

CFZ was demonstrated to induce apoptosis in the ANBL-6 cell line, increasing the caspase-3 activity confirmed by the effect of zVAD that blocked CFZ-stimulated apoptosis [23]. Herein, we confirmed the caspase-3 role in CFZ-induced apoptosis, suggesting the caspase-3 driven apoptosis is a common mechanism of action of CFZ in MM cell lines. A mechanism of CFZ resistance determined in MM cells was related to the expression levels of β5i. Moreover, the role of IFN-γ in exchanging the cPTS subunits for iPTS subunits was first demonstrated in J111 leukemia cells [35]. Our findings demonstrated that, in IFN-γ-treated MM cell lines the levels of the β5i subunit increased and this treatment augmented the CFZ resistance. THC-CBD treatments, by reducing β5i subunit both at transcriptional and translational levels, induced inhibition of the CFZ target β5i subunit, indicating cannabinoids as potential drugs for overcoming CFZ resistance mechanisms.

Another potential anti-cancer activity of cannabinoids is related to their capacity to reduce cell migration, as observed in glioma [36], breast [7] and lung cancer [8], while no data was reported regarding MM. The homing of MM cells in bone marrow is associated with the progression of MM and patient's survival [37]. Factors implicated in bone marrow homing of MM cells include the chemokine receptor CXCR4 and CD147 and their ligands SDF-1 and eCyPA [27, 38]. Clinically, expression of CXCR4 protein in tumors is used to predict cancer aggressiveness, survival probability and metastasis-associated mortality [39, 40]. Few data about cannabinoids and CXCR4, indicate that CB2 modulates the CXCR4-induced transendothelial migration of T cells, altering multiple immune and inflammatory responses [41], and CB2 agonist specifically reduced CXCR4-mediated migration [13]. Regarding CD147, it has critical roles in intercellular communication involved in chronic inflammation, tumor metastasis and angiogenesis [4244]. Recently, CD147 has been correlated with the progression of various carcinomas and haematological cancers, as MM [45, 46]. In MM, the CD147 expression increases with disease progression, and eCyPB induced the proliferation and homing of MM cells [45]. Therefore, developing agents that can inhibit the action of CXCR4 or CD147, in early and advanced stages of cancer may be effective in preventing and managing metastasis [47]. In this study, we showed that CD147 was the main represented receptor respect to CXCR4 and that both cannabinoids and CFZ alone and in combination were able to reduce CD147 and CXCR4 expression levels. To further confirm the role of these drugs in decreasing MM cell migration, we applied a migration assay, which further confirm that, mainly the triple combination was able to reduce this phenomena, in both cell lines. While in MM the role of CFZ and cannabinoids in inhibiting migration has never been evaluated, recently the anti-migration activity of CFZ was evidenced in GBM cell lines [48], suggesting the CFZ could share a new potential application as anti-metastatic drugs, and probably with major effect when combined with cannabinoids, at least in MM. In conclusion, this study adds further support to the hypothesis that cannabinoids can have a role in the cancer management. To note, the effective doses of cannabinoids and CFZ used in this in vitro study are coherent with dosages used in clinical setting, as reported in clinical trials with THC/CBD for combination with anti-tumoral therapy [49], and for CFZ in MM patients [51], as example. In both clinical cases, the in vivo doses of THC/CBD and CFZ used in human trials, were obtained converting their in vitrocytotoxic concentrations that were similar to our effective doses.

Therefore, a combination therapy including cannabinoids and chemotherapeutic drugs could allow the reduction of chemotherapeutical doses administered in patients, without affecting the antitumoral therapy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am unsure of the stage of my cancer but scans last week so hoping some clarity this week. From initial meetings with consultant I don't believe there is any urgency on further treatment. Whilst myeloma ain't curable they are unsure of my progression.

I'm glad you found us! We are like a family here. We will be with you every step of the way :bighug:if you want. With growing your own and making your own medicine.

Back