Cannabis Salve Healing

Rooooot,

I was thinking - you know when I first got home from the hospital on some of my wounds that weren't healing up as well they used Manuka Honey (they used it in a form called MediHoney) they used it in place of all other wound dressings and it worked miracles. It closed up the wounds in no time. I was wondering what you thought of making a salve with Manuka Honey & Cannabis? When would the honey be added and at what measurement do you think? This is the honey I'm thinking of getting when I can; http://www.amazon.com/Wedderspoon-M...8&qid=1359427170&sr=8-1&keywords=manuka+honey

I don't want to make more than a small batch for stubborn painful wounds.. it's also great for it's edible health benefits.. hmm...

A good friend told me about manuka honey when I was freaking out about the skin cancer. It is supposed to work wonders, I did not try it only because I couldn't afford it.

Honey and cannabis work well together. I have thought about adding it to my oils for ingestion because I don't like the taste of the coconut oil.

I would add it after your cannabis concoction is done and cooled or cooling down. The raw honey has not been heated up so all the enzymes etc. are still there.

But, imho, the NN oil works.

My daughter's fiance was in a horrible motorcycle accident. He has been putting the Root Rub I make on one side of his leg and not on the other side (two similar surgical wounds on the same leg). In one week the nasty scab is gone where he is using the Root rub and nice pink new flesh is growing.

It costs pennies to make and is using the "throw-away" part of the plant!

And yes...Yummmm Honey! We raised bees when I was young, we ate honey on just about everything!

Great thread! :D kudos!

jojoba oil, sweet almond oil or glycerin infused with either cannabis or cannabis-root might be used as the primary carrier oil [or in case of glycerin, as an oil substitute to avoid oiliness] to add to bath fizzies.

I would suggest making a strong tincture of cannabinoids infused iso or everclear, mixing it with the carrier oil [or glycerin] and mix well, gently warm it in a hot water bath or on a usb cupwarmer or even using an electric blanket until the alcohol has evaporated.

One could also consider making a cannabinoid-in-honey-suspension.

This is similar to the above method....one infuses an alcohol with cannabinoids, then mixes it with gently warmed honey well and evaporate it....with this method one could keep adding an infused alcohol to the honey and evaporating it....this way you can keep loading the honey with the cannabinoids.....they are not dissolved into the honey, they are suspended in it...the potential to keep loading the honey with cannabinoids is quite high [pun intended].

This honey could be used straight on open wounds, taken straight, added to hot drinks or to foods, used in low temperature cooking OR as an additive to bath fizzies.

For molds one might consider using cut apart tennis balls, 2 part snap together Christmas decorations...or even a length of pvc pipe 2"- 4" in diameter, make a length of bath fizzy and then slice off into 'pucks'. [store fully dried in ziplock baggies with the air squeezed out before sealing]

I suggest only using ESSENTIAL oils and not SCENTED oils....the difference is essentials are pure, and scented oils might be a chemical mix, like a purfume....they have the right scent but not the beneficial effects of the essential oils.

Hope this helps
TLBWP

Last edited:
I'm hoping this will help with my dads bout with Shingles. Going to start working on getting my parents on some "medicine" this should be fun, wish me luck!

Wow don't know how I missed this but just amazing info in here I have been making my own salves balms and tinctures for a little while now I also use every part of the plant fan leaves to stems to roots also all you BHO heads or qwiso heads save you bho'd flowers and trim and cook it down in some coconut oil works wonders + rep you know who you are :group:

Root 66 and all, thanks so much for all of the great info and sharing The No Nonsense oil recipe.

I have only been using MMJ for the last two years, and will finally start growing my own here shortly, can’t wait make to make up some of this oil.

I do have enough to make up a few Canna Caps here soon, but I really want to try the rub for my Arthritis and frequent muscle aches and pains.

Thanks again,
StickMan

I wonder how well this would work with a recurring folliculitis (scalp acne condition) and hair loss. I've been on cephalexin, a shitty antibiotic that has been tearing away at my insides and it only clears my skin for so long.. then the plague comes back with a vengeance. I'll try this and report as soon as I can. Thanks for logging this!

I know this works on some acne, and other skin conditions. No reason it shouldn't work on the scalp. And maybe even hair loss (seems I read that it does somewhere...)
I'd like to know if it works for you.

I'm looking into making a shampoo for problems like this.
Also if you ingest the oil at the same time, it may help from the inside too.

The salve I made with the vaseline works sooo well on healing cuts or sores on the skin, but I have a problem with using petroleum products. I have found a recipe for a non-petroleum jelly that I am going to try. Will post results when I have time to do it.

Back