Outdoor Captcold's Think Big Outdoor 2017

Very interesting how the ground grown one is so much greener
and staying green. Unlike the other two DP Think Big's, the one in the ground is steady state. They're getting some <late> blackstrap now, maybe the second wind will be a big one. It's in a deep hole, with lots of good soil.
IMG_20170723_135233_hdr.jpg

unlike it's two sisters...they're pulling in sugars hard....
IMG_20170719_135301 (1).jpg

the green continues...at least for the one in the ground :confused1: It's got loads of space in there, and unlike the other three, it hasn't had any leaves changing on it yet. Sticky as heck, loads of trichs, and smells fantastic. Defo gonna be one of the biggest yielders. No difference in soil or feeding, only 25l instead of 20l (in the buckets) for soil.

The smell is really something else. Kinda floral, but really edgy. Fuel sorta smell at the end, but there's a minty kind of thing going on too. Really hard to describe. It's like something your familiar with, but can't remember.

IMG_20170724_150210.jpg

IMG_20170724_150222.jpg

The other Think Big in the bucket seems to have stopped taking up much water. That's the thing that's been different too about growing these - water uptake is really inconsistent. They'll drink hard for a couple of days, then slow down for a couple. They just got a shot of molasses tho

IMG_20170724_150238.jpg

The one in the outdoor grow battle is doing good. Just got some dying leaves taken off of her today....density is coming on this one, but not the other two yet....

IMG_20170724_145858.jpg
IMG_20170724_133646_hdr_edit.jpg

IMG_20170724_133646_hdr_edit_edit.jpg

and.....<drum roll>....it's harvest time. The girls aren't taking up any more water - only the odd low bud is moving, the rest is showing enough amber to take 'er down.

IMG_20170724_133646_hdr_edit_edit_edit.jpg
IMG_20170726_101005_edit.jpg
IMG_20170727_075719.jpg

IMG_20170727_080720_hdr_edit.jpg
IMG_20170728_134000_edit.jpg
IMG_20170728_134000.jpg
IMG_20170728_153031.jpg

TY @trailanimal ! From the 2 largest TB's I've got about 11oz wet...so...hope about 5-6 dry :D

Added with the others so far, I'm defo an lb with autos this year, which was my target. The Wild Thais were low output, 68g total, curing in mason now. But they smell like hay...the way a good haze should. Fuck me, I am so looking forward to smoking them.

I tried some of the TB from a couple of small buds I quick dried in paper bags. Defo harsh atm, but, great effect. Heavy lifting between the eyes, good body buzz. Lots of thinking upstairs, but no racy-ness or total couch lock. I am super happy with them.

Lot of lessons learned - this was my 2nd auto grow. The Dutch Passion Think Bigs showed no tendency to mold, and beefed up well.

The one in the ground resisted color change and leaf die off. It was also the densest buds of all the plants.

I'm gonna compile what I've learned this grow, and add it here when I'm done harvest and drying. I need to learn alot more to refine my growing skills.

It's easy enough to get 'em out of the ground and harvest. It's another to max out genetics and yield

:cools:

Very excited to see how you do with the Think Big outdoors in a cool climate. I ran the think fast photo last season outdoor and she was amazing in both production and quality.
well dude, I can say they were good for both. Lots of bud, prolly 11oz dry off of the four. No issues with mold, steady growth. I've got a 'lessons learned' I'm putting together for myself for next season. Alot of it is around fert, soil prep, and defol. Looking to improve year over year. Heck, in a decade, I might be putting out some sexy shit :D

thanks for all your (and AFN's) encouragement and info :bighug:

The Think Big's smell is a citrus/gasoline blend - something really familiar in there I can't quite put a finger to. I tried a quick dry bud to check for potency - absolutely banging :baked: Strongest gear I've grown yet. Great balance between head and body. Looking forward to curing it out. Got mah boveda's, and a deck of jars waiting....

IMG_20170729_194630.jpg

cheers to the successful grow!
Thanks man :pass:

Defo more than an lb with three stains. The Thai is really fun. Early smoke is harsh, but a promise of what's to come. Super sativa upfront, fades into nice head buzz. Think Big is strong. Active mind, but not lost in space. Good solid hybrid. Cheers man, hope yours drop large on you!

Very interesting how the ground grown one is so much greener
and....at the end of it all, the one in the ground has the biggest yield of them all. Almost 11 oz wet by itself. Heavier resin, denser buds, bigger badder better smell....overall, the best individual plant.

Back