Outdoor Captcold's Think Big Outdoor 2017

wow! those were just some beautiful, stellar looking plants. looking forward to seeing what you learned... also my second year growing autos.

love the orange/pink tone on the edge of the leaves from the bucket/pot grows. I'm a sucker for a beautiful live bud shot!

Interesting indeed!!
I think so, for a couple of reasons. At least logically.....
1. root systems of all bucket plants weren't really that great. They were cool and all, but, I saw lots of room for them to use yet after harvest. While the one in the ground had more dirt avail...this tells me they didn't really need it.
2. No rotation. The ones in the buckets were rotated to take advantage of sun evenly. the one in the ground didn't, and it didn't look like it suffered for it.
3. watering less overall. easier to tell if the buckets needed water. Guessed more on the one in the ground.
4. less defoliation (more trimming after harvest), but same amount for fan leaves and such. Might've had a big impact(?)

A pic of some of the TB harvest....and a tasty dinner to celebrate it with...
IMG_20170823_102935.jpg
IMG_20170822_220823.jpg

beautiful work bud!! Nice...those afghanis sure are stacked with nodes!! Hey i'll let you know how my silica experiment versus mold works out.
hey man....saw this post, and reminded me to ask how your silica worked out. I know you've had crappy weather and have been hit a little. Was wondering if you noticed any difference?

hey man....saw this post, and reminded me to ask how your silica worked out. I know you've had crappy weather and have been hit a little. Was wondering if you noticed any difference?

Not too well unfortunately...i dread to think how bad the mold would have gotten without the use of silica. Did it have much of an effect? Not too sure...all i know is mold was realllllllllllllllllly bad this season.

Back