Indoor Cartmans Closet of Goodness

Finish time really depends more on the hybrid and how much Sativa % it has in it, dictating finish time more then pot size.
I'm leaning towards Indica myself and shooting for a 60 day turn around.. but, I'm finding most of them need a good 70 days to blow up nicely.. so I just start the new babies before chopping so they come down every 2mos... hard also when I keep trying new strains so dialing one in is almost impossible..
Pot Size: I start them in 1gal pots until they show sex to save on soil, plus I like to be able to control moisture better during the start especially so using small pots works best for me.. after they show sex I take the best looking 6 females and flower them out in 3gal pots.. when your only running a plant 65 days a super large container isn't necessary when you run a smaller light like my 400w.. A 1000w would create faster and more abundant growth so a 5-7gl container would be better most likely.. so many variables..

I've got one med size plant that is putting on weight so fast these last few weeks you can almost hear the stem stressing and each day you open the closet door it's leaning more and more.. I believe I need some stakes.. real soooooooooooooooooooooooooon

Are some of those gals still in one gallon pots? If they are, they will not be happy with you. Autos do not like to be transferred to different pots. No recovery time from the stress.

If you search the internet, you will find comparison photos of fellas that grew the same genetics in 1, 3, 5 gallon pots at the same time. The difference is incomparable. Read the journals, they never switched pots.

This said, darn your garden looks awesome.

I am VERY interested in your Mi5, I have been eye balling her at the seed banks.

Are some of those gals still in one gallon pots? If they are, they will not be happy with you. Autos do not like to be transferred to different pots. No recovery time from the stress.

If you search the internet, you will find comparison photos of fellas that grew the same genetics in 1, 3, 5 gallon pots at the same time. The difference is incomparable. Read the journals, they never switched pots.

This said, darn your garden looks awesome.

I am VERY interested in your Mi5, I have been eye balling her at the seed banks.

No Moondoggy, I only have them in 1gal pots for 2wks or there about. These are at almost 6wks now. Many people starting autos are using Feminized seeds they've bought where I have to use seeds I made and thus need to sex them yet.. when I got into Auto's a year ago everyone said not to transplant them.. I guess it depends on how soft a hand you have because mine not only show very little stress when up potted but blow up and over triple in size in 2wks..

Here's the Mi5 and others March 4th
2 Feminzed & 2 Mi5.JPG

Here they are at transplant 8 days later
Mi5 #1.JPG

And then there is the big girl Mi5.. although I love the shorter of the 2 this shows that one phenotype can get quite large at almost 5ft now, about 3ft here..
Mi5 #2.JPG

I do some tricks that most don't, like using 12/12 a week after they are settled in from transplant and they triple in size.. I know I've got a lot to learn but that's half the fun..

Next up for me is: Trans Siberian Auto, Rhino Ryder and not sure just yet what else.. stay tuned campers... hehe

Last edited:
No Moondoggy, I only have them in 1gal pots for 2wks or there about. These are at almost 6wks now. Many people starting autos are using Feminized seeds they've bought where I have to use seeds I made and thus need to sex them yet.. when I got into Auto's a year ago everyone said not to transplant them.. I guess it depends on how soft a hand you have because mine not only show very little stress when up potted but blow up and over triple in size in 2wks..

Here's the Mi5 and others March 4th
View attachment 552039

Here they are at transplant 8 days later
View attachment 552043

And then there is the big girl Mi5.. although I love the shorter of the 2 this shows that one phenotype can get quite large at almost 5ft now, about 3ft here..
View attachment 552045

I do some tricks that most don't, like using 12/12 a week after they are settled in from transplant and they triple in size.. I know I've got a lot to learn but that's half the fun..

Next up for me is: Trans Siberian Auto, Rhino Ryder and not sure just yet what else.. stay tuned campers... hehe

I am NOT an expert, but I am starting to suspect and notice that "some" old school rules have died out with the stabilization of auto genetics. (example....they cannot handle a transplant)

I also have my eye on Trans Siberian.

Yeah, I was told the same thing when I first started up... and with a feminized seed I can see the advantages of starting them in a pot you intend to flower them in... but to get 6 nice ladies from regular seeds, well, you have to put down like 15 seeds to allow for sexing males and culling and even a female or 2 not up to snuff... so decided what the heck, I like breaking rules from time to time.. there are tricks to transplanting that can make it almost stress free when done right.. one I use it to water the night before to tighten up the soil vs dry transplanting the shit goes everywhere and the root ball falls apart, thus causing stress... the 1st gen of autos was Lowryder 1 and may have been more finicky, but your right, something to be said for this new generation..

I just didn't have room or afford the soil to do 15 3gal pots.. dat's a bunch of soil and I only have room for 6 pots that large.. so I did what I did and things worked out awesome.. right now they are smelling up the house a bit as they finish up.... hehe

Been a while since I've done an update so here goes..

The 1st 3 are Kushryder x Godzilla Grape #5 and the 1st photo has 2 plants in it.... After that is an
Mi5 plant I've already taken the center cola from and allowing the lower buds to finish the seeds from
hand pollinating them with Dr Feelgood....
After that is the big arse Mi5 plant that is coming in at 47" and just now starting to bulk up..
Then a shot of the top part of the plant..
A shot with a smaller plant in front of it again to show the size difference.
Next to last photo is: Northern Lights x Big Bud Auto who is finicky with foods..
Last photos is a White Widow Auto that is also a big eater and I'm slowly getting them to turn around and finish up.... most have 2-3wks to go except for the Indica dom Kushryder crosses....

Carty

Attachments

• KR X GG #5 3+4.JPG
    KR X GG #5 3+4.JPG
    273.3 KB · Views: 49
  • KR X GG #5 C.JPG
    KR X GG #5 C.JPG
    268.8 KB · Views: 44
  • KR X GG#5 B.JPG
    KR X GG#5 B.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Mi5 #1 A.JPG
    Mi5 #1 A.JPG
    294 KB · Views: 42
  • Mi5 #2 c.JPG
    Mi5 #2 c.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Mi5 #2 top.JPG
    Mi5 #2 top.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Mi5 #2.JPG
    Mi5 #2.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 47
  • NL x Big Bud Auto  b.JPG
    NL x Big Bud Auto b.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 45
  • White Widow Auto.JPG
    White Widow Auto.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Wow has it been that long since I stopped growing Autos....? turns out, I have a knack for it and should of never left. Problem was, I was sitting
on hundreds of strains of photo periods and just had to test a bunch.. took me years. haha.

I've since made many changes in my life and my grow setup... now living in tight quarters and had to go a bit more stealth until my state gets
to realize all the tax $ they are missing out on.. for now, I'm back in the closet and in tents.. 1 in closet, 1 out.. figured might as well since nobody
is allowed over taking this Covid shite serious and getting bad again..

I have 2 tents now...
1). Cool Grow 2 x 2 x 4 with 3 LED HLUX strip lights that perform quite well at just 40w ea..
2). Guerilla Liight 2 x 2.5 x 6.7 with ability to add another 18" kit to make it taller... pretty cool. 1 2ft LED HLUX strip light and a Spider Farmer
SF1000.

Using Oxy pots, Felt pots and Orchid pots...
Soil is usually Foxfarm's Strawberry Fields or Roots Organics, prefer to mix the 2 really..

Strains: Currently I am testing and doing projects for a few different people and a seed bank..
Diggy Soze of Worcestershire_farms has me working on reversing his new cross that currently we are working on a name for as we do not like
Upzalberry. It's a wonderful mix of Mephisto and Forum genetics so very unique...

Weedseedsexpress or WSE.. is now sponsoring me with free seeds until further notice.. so far I'm growing their Zkittlez and Gelato with good
results.. Monster plants for sure, took a month to show sex and IMHO how autos get bigger vs showing sex in 2wks..

Wild Thailand Ryder and a few others I"ve just started as babies....

t day b (2).jpg

auto 1a (2).jpg

auto 1 bent.jpg

auto 1 wse beauty (2).jpg

auto 1d (2).jpg

auto 1i.jpg

auto 1n.jpg

auto 2f.jpg

auto 2b.jpg

Well I for one know your back to autos. Haha just had to push you a bit. You gonna break out miss piggy again?

Back