Indoor Cartmans Closet of Goodness

Cartman

Auto Guru
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Gelato
Hey there fellow Auto enthusiasts . I got my start into AF genetics a yr ago after a 4yr break in a long growing streak of photo period, 6 diff forums, 4 grow books read from Soma's to How to grow the finest MJ indoors.. lol. I learned the most though by trial & error and many errors there were.. luckily I learn fast from my own mistakes.

My 1st grow was AK47 x Sour60 and most seeds got crushed in the post.. out of the 3 I got 2 females and a male and decided to make seeds to keep it at my disposal.. lucky for that as this stuff is wicked and I chose the female that leaned towards the bubblegum/sour60 side. F1 seeds/50 got things going like crazy..

My method of madness.... well, the wife wanted her closet back and forced me from our walk-in closet and a nice 4 x 8 SCROG to a smaller 2ft x 3ft x 6ft closet.

Light: simple 400w hps open bat wing reflector setup that I bought in a pkg'd unit with soil, foods, etc.
I was just gifted a 3 bulb T5 x 4ft unit I'll be adding soon..
Vent: Inline 265cfm hydrofarm squirrel cage fan w/filter used only during late flower..
fan: 2 - 6" clamp on fans for air movement..
Soil: Roots Organic in the green camo bag.... (not the 707) as it's more for outdoor.
Foods: Roots Organic Buddha grow & bloom, Surge, Trinity Carbo Catalyst (a must), HP2, HPK, Oregonism XL & Element for all the goodies needed to bring the soil to life.
Additives: Earth Juice Cal n Mag, Thrive alive B1 green, Big Bud, Sucunat, Kool-aid .. (ssshhh, old school secret)..
Pots: I do things a bit different and what most say is a no no for AF genetics.
I start my seeds in 1gal pots until they sex and then I pick the 6 nicest females to up pot to 3gal pots, basic nursery pots although I am going to try 2 grow bags soon I just bought.
Grow Room: A small closet area allowing me to do 6/3gal pots each run..
Breeding: I do a simple pre-flower pollination method making just a small handful of seeds, like 25-50, so I don't lose all my buds to seed production.. so I allow the donating male or males to live just long enough to sling some pollen on the first sets of white hairs on the plants.. I cut him down when I feel I've achieved my goal... the longer he's alive the more seeds, simple.
Watering: I just fill old rinsed milk jugs and allow them to sit out a few days uncapped so bad stuff like Chlorine can dissipate away.. I use no meters for PH, PPM etc and just let the plant tell me what it needs. Our water is excellent and the park has it's own treatment plant.. I test it annually at the local pool supply store close by, hey it's free...

Strains this run:
1 - Feminized NL x Big Bud Auto by World wide seeds
2 - Feminized White Widow by Soul Breeders
4 - Kushryder x Gorilla Grape #5 by DIRT.. a friend.
4 - Mi5, My Indoor plant #5 by Short Stuff Seeds
4 - Dr. Feelgood by Short Stuff Seeds

2/15: After soaking in water overnight I stirred them up and all but one fell to bottom of cups and stayed there showing they've soaked up all they can and are ready for baggies. Lightly damp paper towels, folded and into baggies.. then I slide them up inside a cooking oven mit to keep warm and hide them in the dark.. 2 days later all seeds but the Dr. Feelgood had nice sprouted tails..
I planted them into 1gal pots using new Roots Organic soil.. I do recycle but had done so 4x's already, time for new soil..
2/18: The single Fem WW popped up and 1 of the Fem NL x BB..
2/19: Watered and a few new bumps are pushing up and since most of these had 1" tails or longer most of these should pop.

I promise to update often and do photos... Carty
Watering: I hand water and at first I water half a cup almost daily 1 inch away from seed base and outward a few inches. I want to make the plants roots seek out the moisture.. and better to water daily then keep these to wet IMHO.

What a bummer, not a one of the Dr. Feelgood made it, I thought one was gonna as it started with a short tail, but it just laid there like a quitter.. lol
So. to replace the 4 no showers I germinated and dropped 4 Blue Kush x Assassin F2 and within 3 days they all had nice tails and today went into the dirt..
2 Mi5 of 4 made it and one of the WW also quit on me... been growing for 10yrs so pretty sure it's nothing I'm doing wrong ya know.. many of these seeds were gifts from friends and sometimes ya just never know how things are stored eh?
So, here is the count so far...
IMG_0033.JPG
IMG_0019.JPG

1 - White Widow Fem
1 - N. Lights x Big Bud Fem
2 - Mi5
4 - Kushryder x Gorilla Grape #5 I'm calling Grape Foot.
just started
3 - Blue Kush x Assassin F2

I guess it's time to start some photography on these little babies eh?

White Widow fem auto.JPG
NL x BB fem'd.JPG
Mi5.JPG

Grape Foot.JPG
Grape Foot Auto.JPG

Already one of the Blue Kush x Assassin has pushed up the soil, gotta love the little soil bumps showing the babies are poking their heads up huh?

Here we are a week in and the plants are looking great, just gave them their 1st feed of Buddha Organics and some other goodies..

The Kushryder x Gorilla Grape #5 babies are looking very nice, today I lowered the light another 2ft now that the little babies are more established and can handle the
additional stress..
IMG_0010.JPG

Photos of the other babies to follow.... that is if this thread gets any interest.. cheers

Here we are at around 2wks old, I had to replace a few no show seeds like all 4 Dr. Feelgood that decided to crap out which sucks as I liked the read up on these very much.. Replaced them with 2 Onyx and 2 Blue Kush x Assassin which all 4 are now above ground and doing their thang.. so they'll be almost 2 full weeks behind the rest..
I gave them their first feeding and came up with a nice weekly schedule of feeding every Sunday and watering double what I used to in between feedings to allow more run off and a wee little flush at the same time. so far they are loving it.. glad to be back into growing Auto's only also.. if the right male shows I might do some pre-flower pollinating..

4 - Grape Foot = Kushryder x Gorilla Grape #5
2 - Mi5
1 - Northern Lights x Big Bud
1 - White Widow
12-14 Days old.JPG

Grape Foot
4 Grape Foot.JPG

The Mi5 at right front shows a real heavy Indica trait..
2 Feminzed & 2 Mi5.JPG

Side by side you can really see the #1 plant showing the heavy Indica in its leaf's..
Mi5.JPG
Mi5 #1.JPG
Mi5 #2.JPG

short squat plant, hope it does some stretching so all the branching I see can fill out better
Northern Lights x Big Bud Auto Fem.JPG

My 1st ever pure white widow grow and of course its an auto fem.. lol. I see it getting pollinated by something this grow.. lol
White Widow Fem.JPG

I run all my Autos in 1gal pots until they show sex, then females go into 3gal pots to flower/finish.. some say not to transplant Autos
and I couldn't disagree more. I find as soon as I transplant the plants explode with growth.. I also find that switching the lights to 12/12 a week or so after showing sex get's them to stretch a bit depending on how much the strain holds it's photo period genetics within itself.. I've had them grow just a little and I had one Blue Himilaya plant go from 1.5ft to 4ft and harvested 2oz easily..
For the most part I grow them under 18/6 light and flower under 20/4 for best results.. I'm hoping to add a 3 light T5 setup to this
very soon.. cheers.

Transplanting time.. I got meself 8 females and not a single male..
4 - Kushryder x Godzilla Grape #5 (sorry for calling it Gorilla by accident)
Grape Foot #3 + #4.JPG
Grape Foot 3gal pot.JPG
Grape Foot in 2gal pot.JPG

2 - Mi5
Mi5 #1.JPG
Mi5 #2.0.JPG

1 - White Widow
White Widow.JPG

1 - N.L. x Big Bud
NL x BB.JPG

Until next time

nice going. I like your relaxed approach. Im plannin on using the same light setup you are using right now inside a greenhouse for supplemental light. So was wondering if you could please post a photo or two of you setup please?

I'll do that for ya here soon... late tonight when the lights go off.. lol

Well, not sure why I'm even doing this as nobody seems to stop by and comment or peek around but here goes an update..
The last shot washed out by light is the almost 5ft tall Mi5 #2..

Kushryder x Godzilla Grape #5, 2 plants into a single 3gal pot, plants # 3+4
KR x GG #5 double potted.JPG

Kushryder x GG #5 Plant #1... she is in a 2gal pot and was pollinated with Blueberry Auto
Krdr x GG #5 2gal.JPG

Kushryder x GG #5, plant #2
krdr x GG #5 plant #1.JPG

Mi5... plant #1 and I'm in love with her.. she's been hand pollinated by Dr. Feelgood
Mi5 #1.JPG

Northern Lights x Big Bud Auto.... Hand Pollinated by Dr. Feelgood
NL x BB Auto.JPG

White Widow hand pollinated by Dr. Feelgood
WW.JPG

Mi5 #2... a tall wispy plant that I don't care to keep around..
Mi5 #2 almost 5ft.JPG

Back