Indoor Chem City Blues log

Falafel

Mother Nature's brother... Brother nature
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a relatively new grower and a newb to this cite. I've frequently paid attention to grow journals on this cite and decided it's time to start my own. I started growing almost a year ago with an auto blue dream and started dabbling outside as well. Now I've got 4 Chem City Blues by Mephisto Genetics going in a 3x3x6 tent with a Mars II 400 (actual draw closer to 200w). For the first week I had them under a 600w HPS @50% power while I was waiting for my led to come in. They started stretching a little too much so I just buried them a little deeper and set a gentle breeze on them. They're in 3 gallon plastic pots with some Roots Organics Formula 707. I know it's for large container gardening but it drains excellent and the plants love it so yeah lol. For the first two and half weeks I gave water with ful-power(fulvic acid) every other watering. Since the beginning I've been watering every 3 days with no signs at all of under or overwatering. Beginning of week three I noticed growth slow down and took that as my que to begin feeding. I started with 1/2 tbsp per plant of Neptune's Harvest. For this latest feed (week 4) I gave 1 tbsp per plant and they are loving it. Now I know these plants will bush out if you let them and 3ftx3ft isn't much room for 4 plants, so I'm debating on whether to put 2 outside next week and compare the differences or just scrog them all? I live in CA and the highs are still reaching in the 90's somedays @ 30ish percent humidity and we just hit 13 hours of daylight now. If anyone has tried Mephisto Genetics outside please chime in.

p.s. the plant in the first picture is just a bag seed I was waiting to put outside.

Attachments

• IMG_1168.JPG
    IMG_1168.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1192.JPG
    IMG_1192.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1221.JPG
    IMG_1221.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1229.JPG
    IMG_1229.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_1231.JPG
    IMG_1231.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1233.JPG
    IMG_1233.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1235.JPG
    IMG_1235.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_1237.JPG
    IMG_1237.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 135
Bag.JPG

Thank you guys at Mephisto Genetics! Can't wait to grow out the free Chem Bubbly's.

Day 32 and already putting out bud sites. I've decided to set up an automated feeding/watering system since this soil drains very much like coco. Unfortunately, I'm not willing to do so with Neptune's Harvest being that it's organic so I'm going back to Advanced Nutrients Sensi Bloom @ 1 mL/gal and will taper up as needed. I also have Big Bud on hand, so I may throw that into the mix on week 6.
IMG_1258.JPG
IMG_1259.JPG
IMG_1260.JPG
IMG_1262.JPG

Got the drip system all set up! Was worried about switching nutes half way through but the plants don't seem to give a shit they just keep on growing. Got some aquarium tubing because it's much easier to work with and a 4 way manifold. Mixed in 2 tbs Sensi Bloom A&B and some pH down into 10 gallons of tap water with pH at 6.6. I have a carbon filter outside I will use if problems arise with the ppm.
IMG_1295.JPG

IMG_1294.JPG

It's day 37 and not much to update on. The growth has been nice and steady, so now I'm just procrastinating putting up the trellis net to make it an actual scrog. I'll post some more pictures soon.

Day 43 now and starting to notice some yellowing on fan leaves and a few burnt tips. I'll increase my base nutrients later if it keeps up as I'm currently feeding about 3mL/gal. I'm going to add Big Bud into the mix starting tonight.

IMG_1409.JPG
IMG_1413.JPG
IMG_1408.JPG

Nice I will be watching the rest of this grow as I have just potted one of the girls so am interested to see the finished product.
.:jointman: yours are looking great, well done.

Thanks Nabzter, hope you enjoy. Now let the bud swelling begin!

Back