Grow Room Co2 shake cannister

darknight_420

Welcome to the CannaZone
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hi all

I've been watching videos (as you do!) and heard those co2 enhances increase yields and I'm wondering would they work in a grow tent with exhaust or are they only best used in enclosed spaces.

My grow tent 80x80 sits inside a wardrobe and there is no fresh air getting in, there's no vents at the bottom of the tent and I'm ducting into the same room

Is this something I'd benefit using, even though my plants look ok I do wonder if there's room for improving my grows.
Screenshot_20231210_210619.jpg

I know 1 review looks shit lol

Advice appreciated

Thanks

Hi all

I've been watching videos (as you do!) and heard those co2 enhances increase yields and I'm wondering would they work in a grow tent with exhaust or are they only best used in enclosed spaces.

My grow tent 80x80 sits inside a wardrobe and there is no fresh air getting in, there's no vents at the bottom of the tent and I'm ducting into the same room

Is this something I'd benefit using, even though my plants look ok I do wonder if there's room for improving my grows.
View attachment 1652379
I know 1 review looks shit lol

Advice appreciated

Thanks
i believe there a load of shite bro so don't waste you money

I purchased 2 different brands of CO2 bags. With both in an enclosed cardboard box there was insignificant change in metered readings.

In a tent with exhaust there will be zero difference.

Get your process optimized first. CO2 can allow a more powerful light setting, but its diminishing return for the cost of the electricity.

There are growers here who get 3+ kilo off a single plant without CO2. (not me)

The higher light setting also means any mistake, and your plants burn up quickly.

As a beginner grower I looked at all these snake oil things because I wanted to 'help' the plant grow better. This often leads to overwatering.

It doesn't need help, it needs patience, and thats not easy.

@Drownomatic is not wrong here.
CO2 has its place, but it is only after you’ve got a handle on what makes a cannabis plant do what (nutes, soil, ph lighting etc). Once you’re a good grower, it allows for an extra push. CO2 doesn’t give you better pot, it allows you to grow more. Adding CO2 allows you to add more light and nutes. If you haven’t got that down it’ll be nothing but trouble.

I’ll add. In a 4x8 tent in a 2 bedroom home with me and 3 dogs the house is usually double normal outdoor ppm. My level is currently sitting at 915ppm, but the ladies are small. I’ve added tanks this year for the first time, but I’m not even going to bother turning them on if I don’t fall below 500ppm. I figure that might happen with a tent full of mature plants. I’ll let you know in about 35 days.

I think a newer grower would be better served putting the money you’d drop on co2 stuff on better lighting, or climate controls.

Just looking at it, it obviously can't put out much CO2. Even if it contained pure liquid or solid CO2 (dry ice), that's a totally insignificant amount. The same comments apply to yeast or other fermentation-based CO2-emitting bags.

Yes, large mammals (humans, dogs, etc.) simply being in the same room/area will raise CO2 levels measurably (but still may not be useful in terms adding perceptible growth). So if intent on increasing ambient CO2, if the tent is quiet and small enough consider putting it in your bedroom or wherever room residents spend the most time in. Or maybe constantly brew beer or run other good-sized fermentation processing in the same room.

Last edited:
In my understanding of CO2. Its just a nutrient that allows the plant to grow more rapidly by allowing the plant to take in more light and nutrients. It doesnt provide higher yeilds or better quality though. With that said the CO2 needs to remain at a stable level within the tent meaning the entire room the tent is in will have to have elevated levels to be effective.

Also like the others said you really have to have your growing down to a science to be able to effectively use CO2 to its fullest potential or you are wasting money. Not only do you have to maintain the level of CO2 in the space, but you have to know how to balance light and inputs too. Im sure theres people on here who regularly use CO2 bags or cannisters, but odds are unless they are in a sealed space, its not adding any benefits

In my understanding of CO2. Its just a nutrient that allows the plant to grow more rapidly by allowing the plant to take in more light and nutrients. It doesnt provide higher yeilds or better quality though. With that said the CO2 needs to remain at a stable level within the tent meaning the entire room the tent is in will have to have elevated levels to be effective.

Also like the others said you really have to have your growing down to a science to be able to effectively use CO2 to its fullest potential or you are wasting money. Not only do you have to maintain the level of CO2 in the space, but you have to know how to balance light and inputs too. Im sure theres people on here who regularly use CO2 bags or cannisters, but odds are unless they are in a sealed space, its not adding any benefits
CO2 directly reacts with H2O with assistance from chlorophyll as part of photosynthesis, with higher CO2 levels boosting the plant's primary'fuel' (glucose) levels, with this only indirectly (supporting faster growth) "allowing the plant to take in more light and nutrients."

Last edited:
Least you got a lot of replies bro

Back