Grow Room Carbon filter

darknight_420

Welcome to the CannaZone
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm needing some advice in carbon filters here in the UK

When I 1st started growing I bought a red scorpion 6" and put it on a 5in rhino exhaust (Jesus that was a noisy grow with the fan wrapped in a duvet lol)

Anyway it lasted 1 grow with 4 plants inside the tent and I then bin bagged it and put it back in the box. It wasn't that expensive and I'm no even sure if its a good brand.

Well the following grow I bought ny ac infinity set up 6in exhaust and 6in carbon filter.

2yr and 3 months on after non stop use lol 😆 my room smells like an Amsterdam coffee shop on a warm day so I'm thinking it's time to purchase a new one.

Tbh I don't care about costing now as im saving money buy growing my own so want what's best.

I've been looking at the carboair60 which I think has been the most expensive yet with a bed of 60mm carbon and I'm trying to compare it wirh another AC infinity but wondered if there's anything better on the market.

Cutting back on smell is the vital here in the UK so any advice really appreciated.

I dont really want to use the red scorpion as I really don't know if its stipp decent or how to check

Thanks

I'm a fan of the AC Infinity filter. I have the 4" in my 4x2 and it held up for 6 months of straight use before some smell was coming through. I just ordered one of their new refillable filters to try out with the expectation that it will perform as well as the old model. I could extend the life of it some if I disconnected the filter during veg. It would be nice to get a year out of the filter.

Also curios if there are any better filters out there, but I don't think you can go wrong with Ac Infinity.

Im not in the uk but my vote goes with ac infinity too, Im on my 4th grow with no issues. Plus the idea of a refillable filter is kinda nice. Filter replacement at a fraction of the cost and if it starts stinking in the middle of a grow all you gotta do is refill and go.

Im not in the uk but my vote goes with ac infinity too, Im on my 4th grow with no issues. Plus the idea of a refillable filter is kinda nice. Filter replacement at a fraction of the cost and if it starts stinking in the middle of a grow all you gotta do is refill and go.
I forgot to add. Use the dust cover. Once the prefilter gets full you probably do have to replace the actual canister.

Back