Cola Leaf Edges Turning Lime Green

MotaZona

Microbes Or Bust
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Can’t do to lung disease
Hello. The leaf edges are turning a lime green on the cola only. The plant has tip burn & has for at least a month. It inched up to about 12” from my little Viparspectra 600, so I raised it 5”. It’s in living soil.
Should I be concerned?
Thanks.
793575D4-6571-4B89-9DC1-D1DD2FEA8BF1.jpeg

It couldn't hurt to pull the bud open and check for bud rot just in case

Could it magnesium def being that close to the led? I have a problem with my leds needing more. If I chose to idea living soil I still would need to add that. It's hard to say without everything you feed and do. What's temperature at th top of that bud pictured?

Could it magnesium def being that close to the led? I have a problem with my leds needing more. If I chose to idea living soil I still would need to add that. It's hard to say without everything you feed and do. What's temperature at th top of that bud pictured?
Not sure. I’ll have to dig out the IR thermometer today. I don’t see any rot around the very top leaves. It’s out in the open with excellent air movement. It just started frosting up big time too.
Edit: Room temp is usually 76*-78*F.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure. I’ll have to dig out the IR thermometer today. I don’t see any rot around the very top leaves. It’s out in the open with excellent air movement. It just started frosting up big time too.
Edit: Room temp is usually 76*-78*F.
View attachment 1349271
I think you did good backing light off a bit. Watch new leaf growth and see if it's normal. If problems then I would look into it more. It could been as simple as backing the lights away

I think you did good backing light off a bit. Watch new leaf growth and see if it's normal. If problems then I would look into it more. It could been as simple as backing the lights away
I hope so. This thing has been rock steady. I’ve never grown any type of plant that was easier.

I hope so. This thing has been rock steady. I’ve never grown any type of plant that was easier.
At this point I think it's safe to say you'll have a good finish. Just keep humidity down to prevent anything and I'd prolly lower the light back to 12 the last week. If the new growth is fine then what's done is done. Fwiw I rarely grow perfect start to finish without a little green or yellow. I usually end up with lights too close and get a mag def or some bleaching. It's also common if you stopped the problem the damage can still look like it's progressing on the leaves that's showing now. It's why I watch new growth. If it's good then your good. I wouldn't be too too worried just yet and I wouldn't do anything too drastic. When do you plan on watering again

At this point I think it's safe to say you'll have a good finish. Just keep humidity down to prevent anything and I'd prolly lower the light back to 12 the last week. If the new growth is fine then what's done is done. Fwiw I rarely grow perfect start to finish without a little green or yellow. I usually end up with lights too close and get a mag def or some bleaching. It's also common if you stopped the problem the damage can still look like it's progressing on the leaves that's showing now. It's why I watch new growth. If it's good then your good. I wouldn't be too too worried just yet and I wouldn't do anything too drastic. When do you plan on watering again
I don’t think it’ll need water for 2-3 days. It’s in a 7 gallon bag with soil that I probably should have mixed slightly lighter.

Edit: Plant is 69 days old.

Last edited:
I don’t think it’ll need water for 2-3 days. It’s in a 7 gallon bag with soil that I probably should have mixed slightly lighter.

Edit: Plant is 69 days old.
I wouldn't do anything until watering is needed. You may need to add something if something shows. Update us then or if got questions problems before then we'll gladly try to help

Back