First-timer F-ups.

PuffPasties

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Posting in hopes that others will read and avoid. No feedback required other than laughing at my enumerated tale of woe, below.
  • Used a 6 position plastic seed tray with a hole in the bottom of each seed position. Roots grew out bottom and many ripped off when transplanting. Starting seedlings in soil pods w/o plastic tray next time. Major f-up.
  • Light period DLI app measurement set to 18/6, but time was actually on 19/5. Minor f-up.
  • Caught early pH burn due to cheap test strips. Now using new pH meter. Major f-up.
  • Vivosun brand temp/hygrometer was off by 10°, 12% RH. Screw their lousy quality control. Now using Govee 3 piece set, which has been very accurate. Major f-up.
  • Understand hypo needle capacity. Used for attempting to accurately dose nutes. Large needle actually adds 3mL. Minor f-up, since noted soon.
  • At appx 6" spray with neem oil, and hit soil with diatomaceous earth. Minor f-up, and 'nuff said.
  • Give 1/2 strength nutes at beginning of flower for 2 weeks, 3/4 strength the next week, and full strength thereafter. Minor f-up here, as it was caught 2nd week of flower.
  • Measure and monitor plant height for end of stretch, then remove larger fan leaves and tuck/untuck judiciously as appropriate. Very minor f-up.
  • If removing a LOT of fan leaves and/or schwazzing, go easy on next round of nutes. Minor f-up due to minor tip burn encountered.
I'll be chopping them down late next week by the looks of things, then a short run of tomato and pepper seedlings for outside, then back to making more marijuana seedlings suffer needlessly, I guess. We'll see.

In the meantime, thanks for the consideration and feedback. You've a very courteous forum here, and it's absolutely appreciated.

Last edited:
Dude... I can't even remember, let alone list all the lessons learned that I've committed. But that's the thing they are lessons learned! The whole process is learning start to finish over and over again. Lol I do love the fact your putting them out there though shows character and next run when you smash it and have beautiful plants you'll be able to come back to this and laugh 😁

Dude... I can't even remember, let alone list all the lessons learned that I've committed. But that's the thing they are lessons learned! The whole process is learning start to finish over and over again. Lol I do love the fact your putting them out there though shows character and next run when you smash it and have beautiful plants you'll be able to come back to this and laugh 😁
Oh, I'm ALL over that! I could nearly use the schedule publication box below... 😅 Thanks for the kind words.

Go Organic and you'll never need a pH/EC meter in your life!
Add beneficial bacteria, mycorrhiza, worms, predatory mites and the lot to your soil. Treat these babies right and they will take care of your soil.

Go Organic and you'll never need a pH/EC meter in your life!
Add beneficial bacteria, mycorrhiza, worms, predatory mites and the lot to your soil. Treat these babies right and they will take care of your soil.
Organic intrigues me. Do you happen to have a preferred knowledge source on this? TIA, and thanks for responding.

Organic intrigues me. Do you happen to have a preferred knowledge source on this? TIA, and thanks for responding.
Oh why yes I do...
Go check out BioTabs. They have a complete nutrient line that based upon Organic no fuss growing. Only make sure you use dechlorinated water from a decent source. If the water is usable for drinking, it's usable for the plants. :thumbsup:
I recommend you buy the starter pack, a bottle of Orgatrex, a bottle of Bio PK 5-8 and the BoomBoom Spray.
Once you got these send me a pm and I'll teach you some stuff on how to expand those products almost indefinitely.
If you are interested in this, also order/buy yourself two canisters of 1gallon/5L molasses. Everthing else can be found at a local nursery :toke:

Back