Grow Mediums Composting with perlite.

Bmurrciless

Experiments and experiences
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Screenshot_20210131_023136_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210131_023148_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210131_023200_com.android.chrome.jpg

I was just reading it and found it interesting and maybe useful to people on here who make their own compost and living soils and such. I kinda wanted to get some peoples opinions or thoughts on it can't remember who does true soil and composting that I follow I'll save this as a draft and try and go find and maybe tag some people it might be of use to. My apologies if it's old news to you or of no interest and you are tagged I mean no offence by it. @WildBill you are all I could come up  and 8 don't even know if it's of any value to you oh well put the information out there maybe it will help someone.

Sounds interesting, what I would recommend for composting is bokashi you can do it inside in a 5 gallon or 2 gallon igloo cooler. You add food scraps everyday or every few days pack it down while adding bokashi bran which is lactic acid bacteria and other bacteria on a substrate like rice etc with sugar and it colonizes your food scraps and ferments them you can drain the liquid and top dress with the fermented scraps or bury them or do a raised bed. 1 third bokashi food scraps 2 thirds soil and the scraps eventually becme soil. Probably the least labor intensive way because with worms you have to keep them alive where with bokashi you can stop leave a bucket filled bury it in spring. Altho you do have to buy the bokashi bran or make it yourself. Also you can do meat and not worry about animals. Cause they say not to compost meat cause it will bring scavengers in your yard digging up compost.

Worm bin in the corner of the kitchen, no odor, they take care of all the leaves and stems from a 4x4, plus egg shells, fruit rinds etc from the kitchen. I get worm castings back to use in the next round.

You ever add water to get out a liquid fertilizer? I've never done a worm bin before currently just bokashi
Have heard mixed thoughts on the liquid given off, so I've held back on that. 2 runs now, just been removing the castings and top dressing that into my pots about week 3 of flower. So far, I like the results.

Back