Curing bud

Reaction score
Hi, so I’ve dried out my harvest and curing the bud in mason jars for the last 2 week. The humidity is sitting about 55celcius which I know isn’t great. I’ve bought humidity packs that don’t seem to have done too much, anyone any suggestions for upping the RH? Even after 2 weeks buds still have that hay type smell, I cracked on up in my grinder and they smell amazing though

Which humidity packs did you buy? And which hygrometer are you using? Some of them are not very accurate. I use the Caliber IV cigar hygrometer.
I keep my bud curing for a month at least. It usually takes that long to lose the "hay" smell.
How often are you opening the jar?

Which humidity packs did you buy? And which hygrometer are you using? Some of them are not very accurate. I use the Caliber IV cigar hygrometer.
I keep my bud curing for a month at least. It usually takes that long to lose the "hay" smell.
How often are you opening the jar?

humi-smart 2 way packs. Although I’ve asked to return them as they don’t seem to be doing anythin.
hygrometer is a small one from Amazon to fit the jar. I was burping them every day week 1 and now every couple days week 2

Hi, so I’ve dried out my harvest and curing the bud in mason jars for the last 2 week. The humidity is sitting about 55celcius which I know isn’t great. I’ve bought humidity packs that don’t seem to have done too much, anyone any suggestions for upping the RH? Even after 2 weeks buds still have that hay type smell, I cracked on up in my grinder and they smell amazing though
Hi bud ive been curing for 2 weeks today and still have that grassy smell, don’t think there’s too much to worry about, I use boveda 62 in my jars. They didn’t seem to be do anything, my hygrometer doesn’t drop below 65% . From the little knowledge I have you need to get the bud close to your boveda pack humidity and the packs will maintain that humidity, i dont think they will raise or decrease humidity by that much. Feel free to correct me anyone, still learning myself.

Hi bud ive been curing for 2 weeks today and still have that grassy smell, don’t think there’s too much to worry about, I use boveda 62 in my jars. They didn’t seem to be do anything, my hygrometer doesn’t drop below 65% . From the little knowledge I have you need to get the bud close to your boveda pack humidity and the packs will maintain that humidity, i dont think they will raise or decrease humidity by that much. Feel free to correct me anyone, still learning myself.
if you have overdried your bud the boveda 62 will bring moisture back into your buds and even in a total jam you could put a couple of fan leaves if you still have a plant but @Awg52 go with the bovedas you can get them cheap of amazon or ebay

Just another perspective:

(1) I just made the switch to Grove Bags for cure and so far it's going well. Rock solid 62% rh and the cure is moving along - grassy smell decreasing and terps more evident. There are several threads on AFN. Here's one: Grove Bags reviews | The Autoflower Network

(2) there is some concern that Boveda (which uses a saline gel) may affect terps in curing as compared to Boost. I doubt most could tell the difference but that debate is out there.

HTH, IMHO, YMMV, etc.

:smoking:

Are grove bags available in the uk yet?

i use grove bags but for a new guy starting out the bovedas will do I still have them but I very rarely need them also I think grove bags are looking into getting a UK vendor I had to buy mine directly from them as I'm in the UK I got most of the available sizes but I do a big harvest every 12 weeks
20210629_214254.jpg

Back