Cuttings into 15l autopot pots.

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm a week away from getting some cuttings, they are being rooted as we speak in small pots. Nit sure how small but they will be small, I'm doing autopots 8 pots 15l 100l rez, I'm also running mega crop a and b 2 part, and using rhizotonic root stim. Are they going to be OK transplanted straight into 15l pot? And when I do do I just water with half strength nutes and whatever the rhizotonic says to add and do I soak the pots before hand with half strength nutes and rhizo, any help appreciated. Youve all been gold so far. Peace.

It depends on how much they are rooted... If there not much root there I would let them sit in the pots for a week more. Also be careful with the light intensity with cuttings as they can dry out faster...
Nutrient wise I wouldn't give them more then 350 ppm.
Which medium will be in the pots?

It depends on how much they are rooted... If there not much root there I would let them sit in the pots for a week more. Also be careful with the light intensity with cuttings as they can dry out faster...
Right I'm using mega crop a and b and rhizotonic, I'm using gold label coco pebble mix, and gold label pebbles for the bottom of the pots, I'm using a 600watt hps but it's dimmable to 250 watts and upwards to 660. Can I veg them under the 250 and what height?? Cheers for the help. I'll pass on my knowledge one day from you guys I hope haha

Ps I'm just going to add what it says on the packet instead of doing ppm but I'll just use like half the dose do you think it a quarter they are photos BTW.

When I do the calculation on the website of greenleaf I get this result...
Step1.png

Step2.png

But when I mix this up I always get higher ppm value's on my ppm pen so I dilute the end mixture to the desired ppm and readjust the pH. I do recommend you invest in a ppm ánd pH pen as both are the key to succes or failure in this game. You don't have to spend hundreds of dollars/euro's for a good pen. :toke:

When I do the calculation on the website of greenleaf I get this result...
View attachment 1334306

View attachment 1334307

But when I mix this up I always get higher ppm value's on my ppm pen so I dilute the end mixture to the desired ppm and readjust the pH. I do recommend you invest in a ppm ánd pH pen as both are the key to succes or failure in this game. You don't have to spend hundreds of dollars/euro's for a good pen. :toke:
I've got a blue lab ph pen and a cheap tds ec pen thing so I can do it. So I've done their chart before a few times, so are you saying its a bit hot when you mix to their recommendations? Well maybe I will have to measure it haha.

I've got a blue lab ph pen and a cheap tds ec pen thing so I can do it. So I've done their chart before a few times, so are you saying its a bit hot when you mix to their recommendations? Well maybe I will have to measure it haha.
I grow only auto's, but mix for 30L according to the website, but fill the tank with 50L of water. This gets my ppm's to about 350. :thumbsup: Test it,it depends hugely if you have hard water or not, but you should always come out hotter then what the calculator on the website tells you. A photo can take those value's, but for an auto we have to dilute or we get all sorts of problems with nutrient excess :doh:

I grow only auto's, but mix for 30L according to the website, but fill the tank with 50L of water. This gets my ppm's to about 350. :thumbsup: Test it,it depends hugely if you have hard water or not, but you should always come out hotter then what the calculator on the website tells you. A photo can take those value's, but for an auto we have to dilute or we get all sorts of problems with nutrient excess :doh:
Ah I see now so I might just run it as stated and see how I get on I'll give it a check though first. Apparently my cuttings are in tiny cubes or pots so what size pot should I put them into to hand water for a bit, or could I just put them straight into the 15l pots

Ah I see now so I might just run it as stated and see how I get on I'll give it a check though first. Apparently my cuttings are in tiny cubes or pots so what size pot should I put them into to hand water for a bit, or could I just put them straight into the 15l pots
What I would do is wait until the cubes are well rooted and then plant in the final container. There are loads of examples from people who go to a in between pot. When I start inside I go from seed to jiffy plug to a small drinking cup to the final pot, but when I sow in the greenhouse I normally go from jiffy to final pot.

What I would do is wait until the cubes are well rooted and then plant in the final container. There are loads of examples from people who go to a in between pot. When I start inside I go from seed to jiffy plug to a small drinking cup to the final pot, but when I sow in the greenhouse I normally go from jiffy to final pot.
The cubes will be well rooted when I get them. I'm just worried they won't reach their fill potential going straight into 15l pot from a cube. In my indoor room.

Back