Damn you fungus gnats...

Fair point, it’s a weed but it’s my one and only weed that I’m putting time effort and money into so the idea of having bugs eating it’s root system is a kick in the arse for me,
Especially when it’s this young as well.

I’ve been looking at gnat nix, Has anyone got any experience using it ? How was it ?

I haven't tried gnat gnix, but I have tried a combination of things to end the life cycle, including neem oil, nematodes, mosquito dunks (anti-larvae bacteria), and diatomaceous earth. Try to use a combination of things to see if that works. Get the adults and the larvae. Also, try to reduce the moisture in the soil because they prefer soaking soil to lay their eggs.

I haven't tried gnat gnix, but I have tried a combination of things to end the life cycle, including neem oil, nematodes, mosquito dunks (anti-larvae bacteria), and diatomaceous earth. Try to use a combination of things to see if that works. Get the adults and the larvae. Also, try to reduce the moisture in the soil because they prefer soaking soil to lay their eggs.

Thanks for the reply and advice,

I’ve got gnat mix (with neem oil in it) and I’m going to get diatomaceous earth and use that as well.
I’ve hung a couple of yellow sticky pads in the tent, The pads have already caught 2 adults so I can concentrate on the soil now.

Little fuckers aren’t they ! Hopefully I’ve got to them in time before they do any damage to the plant.

I mix mosquito bits into my grow medium before planting as a preventative. I've never had fungus gnats again since starting this procedure. Most times the fungus gnats are a contaminant in the medium materials when we purchase them. Mosquito dunks or bits have a bacteria called Bt or Bacillus thuringensis that kills the larva when the bacteria is consumed. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

I mix mosquito bits into my grow medium before planting as a preventative. I've never had fungus gnats again since starting this procedure. Most times the fungus gnats are a contaminant in the medium materials when we purchase them. Mosquito dunks or bits have a bacteria called Bt or Bacillus thuringensis that kills the larva when the bacteria is consumed. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

This all day long and will be the only approach for me in my room. The shiat really works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip, something for me to use on my next grow.

I’ve had sticky pads hanging in the tent to catch the flyers and added a layer of gnat nix to the top of the soil.

Seems to have sorted the problem for this grow, hopefully they don’t pop up again

Back