Damn you fungus gnats...

can't wait

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hello Afn friends,

as the title says, i have found fugnus gnats in my tent. Last time i had them was a year ago and its my first time growing in a tent. I am on day 54 of my grow and i have 3 plants all from mephisto. 1 tyrone special, 1 triangle and 1 sour bubbly. Tyrone is almost finishing or could be finished in 7-10 days.Triangle also is on her last days maybe a little more to finish, but sour bubbly has started flowering very late and her buds are not yet developed and is the bigger plant in the tent. I am freaking out because i have seen what these little baggers can do to my plants. Right now i have placed 2 yellow sticky traps in my tent and 7 of them have sticked to the traps.

Last time i just threw away my plants because they were small and young and the infestation was pretty bad. This time around i don't know what to do. I do not want to throw any chemicals to the plants, because i am so far in flowering. What else can i do? Any suggestions from the pro's?

The bastards! I would go and grab some yellow sticky paper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could also top dress the soil with some diatomaceous earth

Mosquito dunks are probably your best bet right now,They use a bacteria thats only harmful to larvae and are even certified for use in organics :thumbsup:

Beneficial Nematode treatment...specific species that eat larval stage of gnats. I have some headed my way now but my gnats aren’t out of control at this point. Nipping in the bud before they do though.

Great comments above too.

Personally I use Dawn dishwashing soap dissolved in warm water and mist the areas around and on the plant.
I have done this when the buds are growing also with no negative effects.

What am i risking of just letting my plants finish with just the yellow traps?

Pros will be along shortly...but gnat larvae eat roots. If bad enough, you’d be seeing unhealthy plants.

Back