Damn you fungus gnats...

No one else here has agreed with me but I'll tell you anyway. For flowering plants take used coffee grounds and sprinkle 1/8 inch layer on top soil. I can't verify it kills larva but i don't see them anymore after treatment.

Why doesn’t sand work with fabric pots? I don’t have any gnats but I’d like to know in case I get them.
Because sand keeps them from getting in soil by cutting there bodies. Airpots have side openings. Maybe tape the sides long enough to kill off gnats may work

Because sand keeps them from getting in soil by cutting there bodies. Airpots have side openings. Maybe tape the sides long enough to kill off gnats may work

Yeah, duh! I’m an idiot. I was thinking about fabric pots that “air” prune and I forgot that “air pots” are a thing of there own. Now I get what you were saying. Lol! I’m too stoned. Haha! Sorry. :baked:

No one else here has agreed with me but I'll tell you anyway. For flowering plants take used coffee grounds and sprinkle 1/8 inch layer on top soil. I can't verify it kills larva but i don't see them anymore after treatment.
B4 making or after

When in flower always use coffee grounds that have been used. I save old coffee anyways but fresh coffee is so high in nitrogen you may burn in flower. I have used fresh grounds on top when mid veg.

Why doesn’t sand work with fabric pots? I don’t have any gnats but I’d like to know in case I get them.
I've used sand in fabric pots, as long as there a tight weave and they can't crawl through the fabric.... Air pots have holes all the way around top to bottom.

It's been a couple days since my last post here, i went with @GoAuto6 's advice. Unfortunately sand has not helped me with the gnats so far. I did have 6 -7 gnats when i first posted here, last night i counted 23 in my yellow traps. My plants are developing though i just can't get rid of them. I did put a nice thick layer of sand to all my plants and pressed it somewhat also. Is there a posibility i didn;t do something right?

It takes a few days, even a week or so. Can I get a picture of what you did?

It takes a few days, even a week or so. Can I get a picture of what you did?
I don't have one right now but i'll go and get one later and post it here. When i water some of the soil and perlite that's in my mix goes above the sand. I sort this out by adding a small amount of sand to cover that too. I bought some river sand to do the trick.

I don't have one right now but i'll go and get one later and post it here. When i water some of the soil and perlite that's in my mix goes above the sand. I sort this out by adding a small amount of sand to cover that too. I bought some river sand to do the trick.
That dose happen, it sucks cause you got to water slow.

Back