Damn you fungus gnats...

Hello @GoAuto6 , thank you for your input. So only regular sand will do the job? What about the larvae? Will that break the cycle?

I use horticulture sand it's pH neutral and I get it at home depot free shipping and pick-up in store. Down with fungus gnats.

I’ll second or third the mosquito bits comments. Zero gnats after treating with this stuff a few days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been a couple days since my last post here, i went with @GoAuto6 's advice. Unfortunately sand has not helped me with the gnats so far. I did have 6 -7 gnats when i first posted here, last night i counted 23 in my yellow traps. My plants are developing though i just can't get rid of them. I did put a nice thick layer of sand to all my plants and pressed it somewhat also. Is there a posibility i didn;t do something right?
Any update on the gnats? Those bastards destroyed a previous garden of mine. I had to chop a plant 2 weeks early, and another had refused to flower because of the excessive larval damage. I had young plants nearby, and so I just had to destroy the infested, older plants.

Hope all turned out well for you bud :greenthumb:
Anyway just to share my experience. I had them in my first grow, what i did was cover the top soil with a layer of perlite for gnats not to lay eggs on the soil and water plants next with nem oil to kill larvaes. It worked for me

The little arseholes have thought it would be a good idea to invade my 9 day old AK47 !

I’m reading the replies from other members and wondering if I can use mosquito dunks, diatomaceous earth and neem oil at the same time ? Do they have to be used one instead of the other ?

Not sure if using all together would be overkill but I’m flapping just as much as the shitty arse gnats !!

Like I said the A.K is only 9 days old and I’m worried about the larvae affecting the roots and causing more problems for me further on in the grow.

I address mosquito bits in my second journal. I’m sold on them and nothing else. Watered in a layer of the bits when I transplanted. I’ve killed 4 or 5 gnats in 26 or 27 days. Last grow they’d cover my sticky traps. Hope I’m not jinxing myself for this grow!!...knocking on wood now. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The little arseholes have thought it would be a good idea to invade my 9 day old AK47 !

I’m reading the replies from other members and wondering if I can use mosquito dunks, diatomaceous earth and neem oil at the same time ? Do they have to be used one instead of the other ?

Not sure if using all together would be overkill but I’m flapping just as much as the shitty arse gnats !!

Like I said the A.K is only 9 days old and I’m worried about the larvae affecting the roots and causing more problems for me further on in the grow.

Don't worry and don't over think this. Remember you are growing a WEED. Put a seed in the crack go your driveway. Give it sunlight and water and it will grow.
Now granted we pamper our ladies to obtain the finest buds possible. But they are amazing as to some of the abuse I have given a plant but it still produced some fine smoke.

Don't worry and don't over think this. Remember you are growing a WEED. Put a seed in the crack go your driveway. Give it sunlight and water and it will grow.
Now granted we pamper our ladies to obtain the finest buds possible. But they are amazing as to some of the abuse I have given a plant but it still produced some fine smoke.
Although this is true in most cases, fungus gnats can easily kill young plants and reduce overall yield for adults.

Fair point, it’s a weed but it’s my one and only weed that I’m putting time effort and money into so the idea of having bugs eating it’s root system is a kick in the arse for me,
Especially when it’s this young as well.

I’ve been looking at gnat nix, Has anyone got any experience using it ? How was it ?

Back