New Grower Danielsaaan’s 5th Grow - Strawberry Nuggets

Day 21 (yesterday): Split two gallons between the four plants. Introduced nutrients for the first time. 1.5 tsp/gallon Grow Big, 0.5 tbl/gallon Big Bloom, and Quillaja, PH 6.6. Tent conditions - 71F, 60% RH. Light is at the top of the tent at ~75%. Not looking great, but not looking terrible either!
View attachment 1571752
When leaves get thin ( feel like they are holding less moisture) , it’s indicative of too much light. Maybe try dialing it down to 50percent. Vegging plants don’t need much.
Also, zero vertical migration or stretch, they aren’t trying to reach for light. Just my bro science 2cents. Don’t get discouraged!! Plenty of time to sort it.

When leaves get thin ( feel like they are holding less moisture) , it’s indicative of too much light. Maybe try dialing it down to 50percent. Vegging plants don’t need much.
Also, zero vertical migration or stretch, they aren’t trying to reach for light. Just my bro science 2cents. Don’t get discouraged!! Plenty of time to sort it.
Funny you say that. I lowered the light a bit, and dimmed it to about 50%. Tops of plants still getting appropriate DLI. Seem to be responding well.

Last edited:
Here they are: Temp 67, RH 55% with the lights dimmed this low. Are these temps detrimental? I get so paranoid haha
0313D3DA-17D4-43E1-B6E5-699114163C1A.jpeg

What size pots are you using? They look dope for 22 days bruh bruh. I got some Marleys Grin CRANKIN rn. I just switch up my nutes a little bit. To add some castings and silica as well as mycorrhizal fungus along with my jacks regimen. Looks good so far.
5 gallon Rainscience bags. I’d recommend them!

Soil temps below 65 will affect growth/nutrient availability. Happy medium? Always something.
It seems like I’m going to constantly have to battle between appropriate light levels and temperature levels - at least during the winter months - until I cave and buy something to bring my temperatures up! Do you think one environmental factor trumps the other? I’d assume temperature is more important, but I know nothing. As always, thanks for your help!

It seems like I’m going to constantly have to battle between appropriate light levels and temperature levels - at least during the winter months - until I cave and buy something to bring my temperatures up! Do you think one environmental factor trumps the other? I’d assume temperature is more important, but I know nothing. As always, thanks for your help!
A balancing act of sorts. I’ve grown in a cold basement for years. To combat, I’ve fitted the floor with 2inches of insulation. On top is a temp controlled heat mat set to 80f. At top of pots it runs 75 degrees. I’ll
reduce temp of mat to 75f at transition. Not looking to cook the bottoms, just keep ‘em warm.
Plenty of solutions to every issue. No right answer. You will get a system that works for you and your unique environment.

A balancing act of sorts. I’ve grown in a cold basement for years. To combat, I’ve fitted the floor with 2inches of insulation. On top is a temp controlled heat mat set to 80f. At top of pots it runs 75 degrees. I’ll
reduce temp of mat to 75f at transition. Not looking to cook the bottoms, just keep ‘em warm.
Plenty of solutions to every issue. No right answer. You will get a system that works for you and your unique environment.
Would you mind linking the heat mat you use? Are they safe to run for extended periods of time? Appreciate you!

Back