New Grower Danielsaaan’s Mephisto Grow - Double Grape & Strawberry Nuggets

Day 84: Everyone got tap
What temp/RH, and DLI?

do you defol at all?

Usually only dead stuff

surprised at how larfy some of the flower was too.
I would definitely remove large fans covering flowering sites...at a minimum, it should help next grow and you could remove some now for airflow too as needed. Folks that schwazz their autos, do so in part to produce denser buds, and more of them, in a given environment.

What temp/RH, and DLI?

I would definitely remove large fans covering flowering sites...at a minimum, it should help next grow and you could remove some now for airflow too as needed. Folks that schwazz their autos, do so in part to produce denser buds, and more of them, in a given environment.
Temp 75F, rh 45%, DLI high 40s

Temp 75F, rh 45%, DLI high 40s
Your environment at 85 days for autos indoors is enviable...fwiw, at least half the fan leaves would be be gone from these guys by now in my tent (which is half your size I believe):
1709173611579.png

Attachments

• 1709173629797.png
    1709173629797.png
    8.4 MB · Views: 6
Your environment at 85 days for autos indoors is enviable...fwiw, at least half the fan leaves would be be gone from these guys by now in my tent (which is half your size I believe):
View attachment 1668428
Sounds good! I’ll probably experiment more with defol my next grow. I don’t think I have airflow issues tho. Isn’t defol for bud exposure a debated subject? I’ve read conflicting stuff on it. As always, thanks for the help everyone

I’ll probably experiment more with defol my next grow.
You definitely should, on at least one or two of your next four, you'll learn things as a worse case scenario.
Isn’t defol for bud exposure a debated subject? I’ve read conflicting stuff on it.
I have as well but the debate seems to be between people that haven't done it and/or have environment issues/abilities that conflict; and those that have empirical evidence of how successful it can be, especially for smaller indoor grows of otherwise healthy plants...if you search on here there is a wealth of documented examples and impressive grows that were schwazzed by successful :greenthumb: like @NORBY , @420autoflower and more.

The problem I see and don’t understand is why remove all those leaves that are photosynthesiying and make the plant use more energy to make more leaves. As we have seen when folks shwazz their plants they talk about how they fill right back in after a few days. The buds don’t photosynthesizing the leaves do that

The problem I see and don’t understand is why remove all those leaves that are photosynthesiying and make the plant use more energy to make more leaves. As we have seen when folks shwazz their plants they talk about how they fill right back in after a few days. The buds don’t photosynthesizing the leaves do that
This is the way I see it as well! I read a few good articles on the subject, but can’t seem to find them…

I think it comes down to stressing the plant and inducing the defense mechanisms to push growth. The thing about autos is they are on a time clock so if you really stress them or chop too much, they don't have time to recoup and you sacrifice quantity. I personally prefer quality so I trim to focus growth energy on the end buds.

You definitely should, on at least one or two of your next four, you'll learn things as a worse case scenario.

I have as well but the debate seems to be between people that haven't done it and/or have environment issues/abilities that conflict; and those that have empirical evidence of how successful it can be, especially for smaller indoor grows of otherwise healthy plants...if you search on here there is a wealth of documented examples and impressive grows that were schwazzed by successful :greenthumb: like @NORBY , @420autoflower and more.
Cannabis plants continue to grow foliage until week 4-5 of flower no matter if you defoliate or not. My goal when pruning is to keep all the bottom growth down below heathy by giving it more light and airflow until the plant stops growing leaves at around the end of week 4 of flower. I tend to grow dense canopies and if I didn’t completely leaf strip my plants 3-4 times during flowering most of the bottom growth would eventually turn lime green and die off or grow into unwanted fluff bud (larf).
After I completely schwazz a plant and remove all the fan leaves the plant is still covered in green plant matter which I would think acts as solar panels as well. There is truth to the big fan leaves supplying energy to the plant but the question is how many big leaves does a healthy plant actually need to grow nice dense buds or colas? IMHO, they don't need any… and I have hundreds of pics of different high yielding autos with not one fan leaf on them if anyone’s interested in seeing proof. We also prune a lot of things we grow from flowers to trees to increase yield and promote healthier growth so why wouldn’t the same principles apply to growing weed?
The pruning and canopy maintenance I do is a lot of work and very time consuming but like most of you I’m here to grow fat dense colas and not a bunch of foliage. :nono: Lol!

Back