New Grower Danielsaaan’s Mephisto Grow - Double Grape & Strawberry Nuggets

A while back as an experiment I cut every fan leaf off a healthy 26 day old plant
6EB2B37C-9F47-4D0E-9573-F893C9D56068.png

It’s one of these 4 I can’t remember which one

530FBA4B-3850-42C6-AF23-372BCB9F0891.jpeg

Point being feel free to experiment because you ain’t gonna kill em. Lord knows I’ve tried 🤣

Cannabis plants continue to grow foliage until week 4-5 of flower no matter if you defoliate or not. My goal when pruning is to keep all the bottom growth down below heathy by giving it more light and airflow until the plant stops growing leaves at around the end of week 4 of flower. I tend to grow dense canopies and if I didn’t completely leaf strip my plants 3-4 times during flowering most of the bottom growth would eventually turn lime green and die off or grow into unwanted fluff bud (larf).
After I completely schwazz a plant and remove all the fan leaves the plant is still covered in green plant matter which I would think acts as solar panels as well. There is truth to the big fan leaves supplying energy to the plant but the question is how many big leaves does a healthy plant actually need to grow nice dense buds or colas? IMHO, they don't need any… and I have hundreds of pics of different high yielding autos with not one fan leaf on them if anyone’s interested in seeing proof. We also prune a lot of things we grow from flowers to trees to increase yield and promote healthier growth so why wouldn’t the same principles apply to growing weed?
The pruning and canopy maintenance I do is a lot of work and very time consuming but like most of you I’m here to grow fat dense colas and not a bunch of foliage. :nono: Lol!

It’s a sun loving plant. Flowers trying to grow under a bunch of fan leaves are in the shade. That’s my science anyways lol
I ge itt and prolly shouldn't be commenting because I'm a complete noob. but I suspect those straw nug plants won't disappoint.I grew the the same ones and they really stacked under that canopy.Honestly best bud of the harvest.

Last edited:
I’m a noob too and a firm believer in that everything works or peeps wouldn’t talk about it. Makes it easy to develop your own style. My style is to experiment constantly on at least one plant in the tent and I started to train and do some defol mostly out of an obsessive fear of mold then noticed that lower growth got much taller. I’m not concerned with quantity per plant I’m more in to having a cool looking plant that I shaped lol. The thicker buds were just a byproduct. I can’t tell you why they’re thicker but the larf is super minimal if at all. So many different conditions in play that who’s to say if I’m hurting or helping by trimming fan leaves or fingers that are blocking light? My main message is always to try something different in every grow or you’ll never know the full scope of what is or isn’t possible in your particular environment. Because I grow by my own bro science I’m in no position to say something is good/bad.

I started to train and do some defol mostly out of an obsessive fear of mold then noticed that lower growth got much taller. I’m not concerned with quantity per plant
thicker buds were just a byproduct. I can’t tell you why they’re thicker but the larf is super minimal if at all.
Word...I didn't go looking for more/better, it was the by-product of environmental necessity to deal with RH/mold concerns. However, the most recent auto I chopped, which was topped, and significantly pruned many times, has bigger than golf ball sized nuggs at the bottoms/ smallest on the plant, and will be multiple OZs:
IMG_20240228_074507034_b.jpg
WIN_20240226_14_39_12_Pro.jpg

Back