Indoor Dankerson Grows Mephisto, Night Owl, and Ronin Gardens w/ Grow Dots

@DoobieGrows . Ive never used peat pellets so i cant answer that question. I have used root riots and they work great but have switched to solo cups and roots organics micro greeens starter mix. Even better.. maybe @Dankerson can answer that question for you.. this is kind of an old thread and im not sure if hes been around lately.. good luck to you..

Do you cut the fabric off of the peat pellets? I bought a bunch but never used them as I got some Root Riot plugs. But I was curious because I have seen others say that the pellets need to be pre treated? Soaked in pH'd water I guess. Do you do any of these things?

I use Jiffy peat pellets. I try and remove the netting before putting them in their final pot. It's a bit of a trick to catch when the seed sprouts but the roots aren't out the bottom yet. If roots are showing through the fabric just leave it alone. They are supposed to be able to grow through it. Mine get hydrated with plain ol' tap water, although it is 7.8-8.2pH around here.

I need to start reading the date before I post lol. But I usually click on what's new and if someone responds or likes an old thread it gets put in the feed.

I need to start reading the date before I post lol. But I usually click on what's new and if someone responds or likes an old thread it gets put in the feed.
Hey man! Sorry for the delay, I'm still around just in the process of moving and having another kid so I'm swamped right now. As far as your question yes I do cut the fabric bag off the pellets before I transplant them. As soon as I see a root pop out I cut the fabric and throw it in the soil. Hope that helps!

Back