New Grower Day in the Life of a Stunted Auto

I dumped all 4 of my 3 gallon pots upside after chopping and did not even see roots going around the pots was just dirt, after yanking them out of the soil they were tiny roots lol i did not even take pics just dumped them in my compost bin

That's exactly like mine was. This time I was able to lift the entire pot off the ground and had to fight to get the bigger roots out. There were a bunch of finer roots all through out the pot. It's hard to say what exactly I did to improve other than I learned the importance of proper pH and balanced feeding.

So, these last few days have probably been the hardest so far. I dont think I have gone this many days without poking around innthe tent.

So I Brown Paper baged 3/4 of the harvest and hung dry the last 1/4. I wet trimmed the brow bag bud and I dry trimmed the hanging bud. The tent was pretty steady as far as temp and humidity 47%-52% and 66°F- 70°F. I didnt want to add a misting humidifier so I just let ride.

5 days of drying and they are ready. I could have probably jarred them yesterday but I didnt have time so here I am. Dropped into jars and the humidity sensors are call it around 50% rh. I dropped a 62% Broveda pouch in each to try and bring the humidity back up a little bit.

@420Forever Total dry weight of 3.1 oz on my second grow/stunted auto. I'm really looking forward to my next grow. I'm going to pop the same seed batch and use my new found knowledge to see if I can improve my technique. Just goes to show that with some perseverance, you can still pull some bud from a stunted auto. Thanks everyone for following along.

20210523_164943.jpg

20210523_165047.jpg

20210523_171439.jpg

So, these last few days have probably been the hardest so far. I dont think I have gone this many days without poking around innthe tent.

So I Brown Paper baged 3/4 of the harvest and hung dry the last 1/4. I wet trimmed the brow bag bud and I dry trimmed the hanging bud. The tent was pretty steady as far as temp and humidity 47%-52% and 66°F- 70°F. I didnt want to add a misting humidifier so I just let ride.

5 days of drying and they are ready. I could have probably jarred them yesterday but I didnt have time so here I am. Dropped into jars and the humidity sensors are call it around 50% rh. I dropped a 62% Broveda pouch in each to try and bring the humidity back up a little bit.

@420Forever Total dry weight of 3.1 oz on my second grow/stunted auto. I'm really looking forward to my next grow. I'm going to pop the same seed batch and use my new found knowledge to see if I can improve my technique. Just goes to show that with some perseverance, you can still pull some bud from a stunted auto. Thanks everyone for following along.

View attachment 1321859
View attachment 1321860
View attachment 1321861

:clapper: :headbang: :slap: congratz on the harvest & a shiny lil first grow badge is now ur'z for the effort :thumbsup: plz display it under ur name by goin to profile > badgez & clickin the lil megaphone icon beside it ;) ppp

Thank you. Looking forward to continuing to learn and grow.

Hows the effects? i'm sure its heavy :smoking:
3oz is a lot for a stunted plant, again good job now enjoy the fruits :smokeit:

Thanks!
Just about to go sample. I'll report back.

Its tasty. I can definitly taste the Tangie. Still a little too wet to get a good smoke and my dry herb vaporizer ran out of batteries. I guess I'm a bit partial so I look forward to sharing with friends and getting their take.

Lessons Learned:
- Dont top after 20 days unless you want a stumpy plant. It didnt affect it that much considering I was able to get 3 oz of dry bud. It was a little more airy than what I would have hoped for so I'm going to be a little heavier with the pruning to basically lollipop the branches.
- Dont mess with you nutes unless you are ready and willing to experiment. There is always a risk/reward game you have to play. Stick to the label recommendations and you should be good to grow. Balanced diet, important to all living things.
- Proper pH will get you to the end. You can feed it all you want but if the plant cant uptake and use, you are just wasting your time and money.

For anyone who want to follow the next grow. Link is below.

It looks like you might be overwatering a tad. The Down turned leaves and pretty wet lookin soil most times equal overwatering and this is your main reason that she’s small
Yeah, agreed. I’m on my first Critical Purple auto and before she gets anything I put half a finger in the soil to check moisture. If it comes out dry needs a little. Also have a moisture probe you can get on Amazon cheap if you want to be less aggressive. If it’s not that, I’d find another source for quality seeds. My first purchase was with a company Growers Choice and was a total train wreck (from California, no surprise actually lol) but since I went to Canada with Crop King seeds. Haven’t tried them yet as I still have 1 out of three GCS seeds sprout and is also stunted but not THAT bad. Remember less is more, let the plants tell you what they need not someone’s schedule that worked for them, each grow is different. Good luck man and I feel your disappointment but all these problems are going to make you better at this when it clicks for you, hang in there and never quit.

I guess what I’m trying to say is get knowledge about what the plant needs and how it talks to you by it’s appearance, not by any schedule. And I think that is something that will take a few runs at it, good luck.

Last edited:
Yeah, agreed. I’m on my first Critical Purple auto and before she gets anything I put half a finger in the soil to check moisture. If it comes out dry needs a little. Also have a moisture probe you can get on Amazon cheap if you want to be less aggressive. If it’s not that, I’d find another source for quality seeds. My first purchase was with a company Growers Choice and was a total train wreck (from California, no surprise actually lol) but since I went to Canada with Crop King seeds. Haven’t tried them yet as I still have 1 out of three GCS seeds sprout and is also stunted but not THAT bad. Remember less is more, let the plants tell you what they need not someone’s schedule that worked for them, each grow is different. Good luck man and I feel your disappointment but all these problems are going to make you better at this when it clicks for you, hang in there and never quit.

I guess what I’m trying to say is get knowledge about what the plant needs and how it talks to you by it’s appearance, not by any schedule. And I think that is something that will take a few runs at it, good luck.

Growers Choice is where my seeds came from. I topped her pretty late so that will be my first correction on my next grow. I am starting up my last bean now and shes chugging along at day 5. I'll try dialing back the water and see how this grow goes. Thanks guys

Reactions: Zer0

Frank_Spencer

Great journal. It was a rocky road but you learned on the way and got a decent haul. Well done
Back