Defoliation with auto flowers

For me budsites just don’t develop properly unless their getting direct light!!!! All the budsites closest to the dirt never develop properly for me and it’s 100% due to not getting direct or close enough light. I’ve never had a plant slow down due to defoil during the stretch or into flower but STRONGLY advise against defoil during veg !!

For me budsites just don’t develop properly unless their getting direct light!!!! All the budsites closest to the dirt never develop properly for me and it’s 100% due to not getting direct or close enough light. I’ve never had a plant slow down due to defoil during the stretch or into flower but STRONGLY advise against defoil during veg !!
Mine are two weeks ish into flower. It's a 12 week strain and I'm at week 7. Should I pick off the huge fan leaves that are covering the bud sites little by little?? Any info would be appreciated. Cheers

I trim for air flow only, and do it to avoid mold. Until I see strong evidence of the need for direct light on bud sites, I will continue to assume that every leaf is another solar cell providing energy for all buds on the plant, as well as a source of stored nutrients should the plant "decide" to use them.

To properly clarify this issue, a controlled test with numerous identical clones would be needed. I would love to see the results of such an experiment, but have not found them, and do not have the time, grow space, or inclination to do the test myself.

Back