Did I just top too early? (Probably yes)

This is my first grow so I might be able to get away with it and not know it. I just don't want overcrowding on my first go round and have to get another tent lol. I do actually have good lightsfor another one but that's the only components that I have around the house at the moment.

Your tent sounds crowded as fuck. What size pots are you running?

Yea understand M8 best to keep it simple first time round. The topped lady will give you some good experience early on tho :thumbsup: all my girls go in 3L airpots.. it's as big as I can use with so many in such a small space.

Just realized our tent areas are the same. (31"x31")

I am thinking about going with a smaller pot size next time around, but listen to this, I accidentally ordered 2x 5pk 5gallon smart pots on eBay. I thought I was getting 2 individual pots lol. So I still have 6 that are not being used.

I would love to go with the airpots but I also am interested in the 3 gallon (not liter) rain science grow bags. Tried to snag some on the 420 sale but was a bit too late due to me not being able to actually tell time.

Your in the US then dude yea? And your pots are roughly 20/25L?? If so those are biiiig pots for that space!! My goal was to get over an ounce per plant in the 3L airpots.. atm I'm getting average ounce and a half and the small pots with staggered germination means I chop 1 plant every week or two.. trying to keep the supply rollin :biggrin: I've tried everything from 18L fabric pots down in my space, 15L airpots, 10L, 8L fabrics and more.. even gave autopots a go at one stage.

Yeah you are correct. I was originally only going to run 2x 5gal pots in this space but I had someone recommend completely filling it up lol

So here we are in the middle of a 4 plant grow and I don't think they are going to have room really, but we'll see. I am hoping to pull 2.5oz-3oz off each plant, but t that might be unrealistic for my first time.

Yeah you are correct. I was originally only going to run 2x 5gal pots in this space but I had someone recommend completely filling it up lol

So here we are in the middle of a 4 plant grow and I don't think they are going to have room really, but we'll see. I am hoping to pull 2.5oz-3oz off each plant, but t that might be unrealistic for my first time.

Ya never know buddy. They're lookin nice and healthy so far.. one thing's for sure.. you will completely fill it up :crying: it'll be fine I'm sure.. make sure you have plenty of airflow in the tent when they get bigger :d5: I'll be tagging along for the ride anyway.. good luck growbro :pass:

I'm on my first toke and coffee of the day, So I hope this makes sense and doesn't make me seem like an asshole.
The very first autoflower I grew gave me 8oz. The one that was in identical conditions, right next to her but a month younger (same strain) only gave 2 oz. The one in my Rain science grow bag review gave me 3oz.
Growing autos is a battle between the grower and the genetics. As long as you're feeding the right amount when needed, aren't over stressing your plants, And keep the temp, airflow, and rh% somewhat in check, You'll do fine. You're not working with a lot of space, But with a little lst, you may be able to beat your goal.
...and I forget where I was going with that.

I'm on my first toke and coffee of the day, So I hope this makes sense and doesn't make me seem like an asshole.
The very first autoflower I grew gave me 8oz. The one that was in identical conditions, right next to her but a month younger (same strain) only gave 2 oz. The one in my Rain science grow bag review gave me 3oz.
Growing autos is a battle between the grower and the genetics. As long as you're feeding the right amount when needed, aren't over stressing your plants, And keep the temp, airflow, and rh% somewhat in check, You'll do fine. You're not working with a lot of space, But with a little lst, you may be able to beat your goal.
...and I forget where I was going with that.

Makes perfect sense brother :pass:

Perfectly clear! Thank you for your input.

And @hope2grow I really need to get a tower fan that oscillates. (There's a really nice one at Costco for $19.99 right now! I need to snag it up before the sale ends. I just don't know where it will fit.

I need to do some rearranging in there for sure but I don't know how I am going to go about it yet. Currently using 24"x12" closet shelving (2 shelves) as my elevation/drain setup but it is not ideal as there are open gaps and they take up more floor space than I could use if they were bigger...make sense?

I need to go to the hardware store with a nice set of measurements and get something perfect.

Google secret jardin monkey fan matey.. no floor space taken up :thumbsup: I'll get back on the drainage thing.. just gotta get the daughter her lunch here lol

@beavis I see what you mean now M8.. the racks under your pots.. when I used fabrics I knocked up a few DIY stands.. I'm sure there are loads of ideas out there but all I did was use 4 x 30cm pieces of wood.. maybe 1/2 inch by 2 inch type strips.. glued together 2 on top 2 below.. individual elevators so to speak rather then a rack..

If you use monkey fan type (clip on) fans you won't need floor space for a tower fan..

I also never watered to run off because I just don't have the space or time to do so.. I water as much as they need and as close to run off as I can when they are big enough.. so I don't get many spills lol.. from memory last time I used 16 (3/4 gallon I think) fabrics I was watering them 2L per day each when they were in full bloom.. Mephisto Skywalker.. they're at the start of my thread.

Hope this has been some help my man :thumbsup:

Back