DIY: Million dollar mason jar! (hydgrometer jar tek)

Very nice construction, i will make some too. And i instantly got antoher idea using the very same concept with other materials- making a wooden humidor. Sh*t is expensive when you buy it.... Will post a few examples how this can look, maybe someone feels like building one! (I do):woohoo:

Attachments

• diamanthumidor.jpg
    diamanthumidor.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 326
  • digitalhumidor.jpg
    digitalhumidor.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 341
  • schubladenhumdior.jpg
    schubladenhumdior.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 317
  • sichtfensterhumidor.jpg
    sichtfensterhumidor.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 318
NOTE: If you do use this, dont be a A-hole, and just give me a mention is all I ask. SpacePope Jar or something

My buddy started growing and took his first harvest down, I went to his house and he had done the exact same thing with his jars! I was like oh shit you're on AFN too? You know the SpacePope million dollar jar? He said who the fuck is the space Pope? I just stuck a hygrometer in the lid of a jar to save space inside the jar..

Hey Now!
Check these out: Amazon product
Veanic 4-Pack Mini Digital Electronic Temperature Humidity Meters Gauge Indoor Thermometer Hygrometer LCD Display Fahrenheit (℉) for Humidors, Greenhouse, Garden, Cellar, Fridge, Closet
4 humidistats for $14.00 from Amazon. They are rectangular but should still work great with some careful lid cutting.

Not going to rain on your parade. I went a similar route with mounting the hydrometers in the lids except.....

I 3d printed them! Here is a link to the the file: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4179491

We've had a period of downtime to retool some things in the grow area. At the same time, I came up on a 3d printer steal. I started searching up and down to see what else I could print for grows and there is a lot out there. If you are into it, I highly suggest a 3d printer. Being able to print parts rather than throwing something out, or having to hack something into existence is a godsend.

I'm also a 3D printer user/fanatic.
Maybe we could start a 3D printing thread?
Food for thought...:paleo:

Back