DIY Preroll Machine?

Slightly off topic, but used a cone filler:

I was inspired to try a "cannagar" but don't want to spend money on the mold, considering I wouldn't usualy want a 3 to 7 gram smoke.

I put a skewer in a 1.25 cone and placed it in the sixshooter. Holding the skewer dead centre I slowly and evenly packed the cone. I packed it hard until it was half full, probably close to 3/4 gram, slid the skewer out and twisted the end.

Like a cigar, the smoke traveled through the tunnel where the skewer once was. It stayed tasty because smoke wasn't being pulled through the weed.

It burned perfectly, probably 30 minutes or more all together. (It went out a couple of times when talking with a neighbor)

I stuffed one while holding the skewer a little unevenly and a hole burned through about half way. I could still smoke it. I tried making one with a lean cone, and it just didn't work. I suspect it would work best with a king sized or fat cone and could last a very long time.

A lot of effort, to be honest, but I satisfied my curiosity and didn't spend a penny. I will save this technique for post pandemic party favours, everyone would get a hit.

I have heard of people pulling the stick out of a Thai stick, wrapping it and smoking it whole, but back in the day when Thai sticks came around we couldn't afford to do that when you could get several fat joints out of one.

Last edited:
Slightly off topic, but used a cone filler:

I was inspired to try a "cannagar" but don't want to spend money on the mold, considering I wouldn't usualy want a 3 to 7 gram smoke.

I put a skewer in a 1.25 cone and placed it in the sixshooter. Holding the skewer dead centre I slowly and evenly packed the cone. I packed it hard until it was half full, probably close to 3/4 gram, slid the skewer out and twisted the end.

Like a cigar, the smoke traveled through the tunnel where the skewer once was. It stayed tasty because smoke wasn't being pulled through the weed.

It burned perfectly, probably 30 minutes or more all together. (It went out a couple of times when talking with a neighbor)

I stuffed one while holding the skewer a little unevenly and a hole burned through about half way. I could still smoke it. I tried making one with a lean cone, and it just didn't work. I suspect it would work best with a king sized or fat cone and could last a very long time.

A lot of effort, to be honest, but I satisfied my curiosity and didn't spend a penny. I will save this technique for post pandemic party favours, everyone would get a hit.

I have heard of people pulling the stick out of a Thai stick, wrapping it and smoking it whole, but back in the day when Thai sticks came around we couldn't afford to do that when you could get several fat joints out of one.
I've seen some smaller cannagar molds but they still run around $30-50 for them. I got one around here somewhere that I haven't used yet. To easy
just to roll a joint or pack the bong.

. To easy
just to roll a joint or pack the bong.

Love the new (to me) avatar, Bush. Yeah, exactly. Way easier ways to smoke or vape.

The molds range from $20 and up on 'zon and I have to remind myself not to be too much of a paraphernalia junky. So many cool things that aren't used often.

That said, it would be nice to pack a cannagar with a new crop, and save it for a special occasion or such.

Back