Megacrop and DIY Octopots

Thanks for the info! I just moved and haven’t looked into the water supply. My previous place had crap water, hence why I went ro/di. I will look into a water report and see what’s what, I would love to get away from ro/di. I got a lot of those yellow/brown spots too! Right after going into flower it would all go to hell
Same soon as they hit flower I had the same issue till I went to tap water....Little pure vit c powder and bubble its all good....

Hello all! I’m setting up a 4 pot run of autos in my 4x4 using my DIY auto-fill octopot system. I recently received a 3lb. sample of the one part MC (thanks @Greenleaf Nutrients) and want to give it a try. Anyone have advice on using megacrop? Especially in an auto-fill system? Thanks!
Vit c I use bought off Amazon last years...I mean years..only take a dot to 5gal....like 1/64tsp
20230728_215453.jpg

Hello all! I’m setting up a 4 pot run of autos in my 4x4 using my DIY auto-fill octopot system. I recently received a 3lb. sample of the one part MC (thanks @Greenleaf Nutrients) and want to give it a try. Anyone have advice on using megacrop? Especially in an auto-fill system? Thanks!
Thanks! I use RO/DI water and add Epsom and gypsum to stabilize it. Think I would need to add even more? I add 0.3g each per gallon, as suggested to me previously by Man O I think. I can definitely bump the Epsom up, but should I bump up the gypsum as well? My biggest concern is it being auto-fill and the pH going haywire sitting there

Yup that is the best way to stabilize RO water i have done that with good success but recently switched back to running RO/tap <100ppm My tap is 8.5 ph 400ppm+/-.. It's pretty easy I agree with @DCLXVI and think it could use a little mg at the low ppm we are trying to feed auto's at.. I just started using my promo bag currently using RO/tap <100ppm 3.5g MC, .25g epsom, .25 calmag, and .125g RAW P per gallon comes out to about 750ppm and I dilute back to desired PPM for the stage of growth thinking come flower I'll discontinue the calmag and use gypsum so I can keep the nitrogen levels down in late flower I am growing in coco

1690651702677.png

If you need any help with megacrop I happy to help been using both 1 and 2 part for little over 2 years now :headbang:

Yup that is the best way to stabilize RO water i have done that with good success but recently switched back to running RO/tap <100ppm My tap is 8.5 ph 400ppm+/-.. It's pretty easy I agree with @DCLXVI and think it could use a little mg at the low ppm we are trying to feed auto's at.. I just started using my promo bag currently using RO/tap <100ppm 3.5g MC, .25g epsom, .25 calmag, and .125g RAW P per gallon comes out to about 750ppm and I dilute back to desired PPM for the stage of growth thinking come flower I'll discontinue the calmag and use gypsum so I can keep the nitrogen levels down in late flower I am growing in coco

View attachment 1619438

If you need any help with megacrop I happy to help been using both 1 and 2 part for little over 2 years now :headbang:
I guess I'll start adding gypsum in flower...I havnt been....I only run pure tap...so no need for calmag or Epsom salt.....I havnt used either and getting good results...but I will start adding gypsum to my feeds can't hurt...thanks

Great post @Lil Dab , and @DogterB - That chart is the one I was going to post up. Looks like LD has got you covered. I have not run the MC1 part myself but I am going to on my new seed and I'll probably pick LD's brain about it.

Great post @Lil Dab , and @DogterB - That chart is the one I was going to post up. Looks like LD has got you covered. I have not run the MC1 part myself but I am going to on my new seed and I'll probably pick LD's brain about it.
I don't run how they do....I got everything too but i dont have a drip res system....so it doesn't work for me...in my grow setup...

I got everything for it everything NPK products, all Megacrop Products.....I tryd it in my grow setup and it was to much....I havnt tryd coco....maybe I should see....but I'm liking what I got going on....

..but I will start adding gypsum to my feeds can't hurt...thanks
Yes it can too much ca will lock out B, Mg, and P if you've had great why add gypsum you run high grams per gallon so your balance may have enough.. And looking at this if I bump up to 5 grams per gallon that will bring my K where i want for flower and by removing the calmag the N stays low just needs little Mg and maybe some ca but 150 is pretty good.. If you go to their website the ppm calculator should show the same.. That is if you are worried about what your feeding the plant or you can just put more on and see what happens :goodluck:
1690675589127.png

Last edited:
Back