Photoperiod DogterB’s 3x3: First Run

Day 62 F 19

Had to clean out below the net a day early, I won’t have time to do it tomorrow. After her trim, I gave her an EWC top dressing and lightly watered it in with some labs. I have to leave town for a week on Sunday, but she’ll be fine.
31FA6804-6FC2-4A16-BECC-B95655E0FC20.jpeg
5F9DC4A2-F6BF-487E-8D83-F0594CA1DCCB.jpeg

Day 74, F 31

I just got back home and found her like this. Any ideas what’s going on?? I seem to run into this going into flowerView attachment 1573995View attachment 1573996View attachment 1573997View attachment 1573998View attachment 1573999View attachment 1574000
Noticed some tip burn back on Mar 3. Could be your NPK ratios are off and lock out is occurring. Consider a trip into sick bay for professional help. She is a gorgeous plant. Let’s get her to the finish line,

You are watering off a reservoir with a wick system correct? Maybe check the water pH and EC. Do you add any nutes to the res or is it plain water?

I've had that happen a couple grows and going to a bit more feed seemed to help although I am in coco and with soil eh, I am not expert. I belive the transition point they need a boost, maybe something with good P/K to get over the hump? What have you got or been using?

The infirmary will get the attention of the pro growers for sure, just be certain to fill out the cut and paste "form."

Noticed some tip burn back on Mar 3. Could be your NPK ratios are off and lock out is occurring. Consider a trip into sick bay for professional help. She is a gorgeous plant. Let’s get her to the finish line,
You are watering off a reservoir with a wick system correct? Maybe check the water pH and EC. Do you add any nutes to the res or is it plain water?

I've had that happen a couple grows and going to a bit more feed seemed to help although I am in coco and with soil eh, I am not expert. I belive the transition point they need a boost, maybe something with good P/K to get over the hump? What have you got or been using?

The infirmary will get the attention of the pro growers for sure, just be certain to fill out the cut and paste "form."
I went ahead and posted in the infirmary. It’s just a bummer that this issue keeps popping up. Previously thought that with my tap water being loaded with calcium that, along with the lime in the soil, it was just too much calcium causing lockout. I cut my mix 25% with pro-mix to try and even it out and have switched to RO/DI water. Here’s the info I posted…

Problem: started with a little leaf tip discoloring and progressed to this. I was out of town 1.5 weeks and came home to her in this condition. I run into this in early flower. Previous grows I thought that I had too high of Ca in my water along with the lime in the soil. I cut the soil with 25% pro-mix to try and lower the Ca amount and have switched to RO water but the same problem has arisen yet again.
-Medium/grow method: DIY octopot wannabe, 7 gallon fabric pot with net cup in reservoir. Soil is homemade with 1:1:1 compost, EWC, and coco coir, with epsom salt and lime mixed in. Soil has baked for several months before use. When potting the soil, I put several tablespoons of Dr. Earth Homegrown and Flower Girl in buried trenches.
-Feed and supplements used: soil mixed with Dr. Earth Homegrown and Flower Girl mixed in, along with some epsom salt and lime. A little dynomyco at seed planting. I topdressed with EWC and watered in with LABs a few weeks ago. Only have added some Southern Ag Garden Friendly Fungicide to the res a couple of times. Otherwise water only to this point.
-Water source: RO/DI water using an AquaLife RO Buddy on my tap water
-Strain and age: Sour diesel photo by Seedstockers. Day 75, F 32
-Climate: 3x3 tent, temp 76-82F, humidity 64-69%. 12/12 light cycle
- Light used: Mars Hydro FCe3000, ~16” above net, at about 60% brightness. Photone app reading ~750 ppfd, slowly bringing it up.-Additional info: First real attempt at a scrog. Any help is appreciated, as always

Hmm.... I haven't a clue! Beyond my skillset. I could not get a soil grow start to finish to look good. I ended up switching to full coco and it's been much more manageable, maintenance aside. Hopefully the infirmary folks can get you fixed up.

pH issue in the res eh?

A pH pen is not a bad place to spend some $$. I had very good luck with a Milwaukee Instruments pH600AQ
It's ~$20 but you will also need calibration fluid and storage solution. Expect about $50-60 total for everything but mine lasted 2 years before it would not hold calibration. I do recommend both the 4.0 and 7.0 cal fluids. I think the $20 pen is better than the $9 amazon/china specials but it won't break the bank like the fancy ones. It says 1-point cal and has a screw in the back you turn gently to adjust the reading. Shotglass of cal fluid and bump the screwdriver until the screen reads correct numbers.

There was definitely a break in period and I had to re-cal once a week. After that it held very steady and I tested it once a month.

$65-ish total for everything off amazon.

I can't get their US website to pull up at the moment but it is on amazon. I believe direct it is $20 and amazon $30 but factor in ordering cal/storage + shipping.

Pen:
Amazon product

Storage: $20 for Apera 3M KCl fluid, 8oz bottle lasted longer than the pen.

Amazon product

Calibration fluid: $23 for calibration fluid. I like these ones from BioPharm in particular as they have NIST certification that they are accurate

Amazon product

Im sadly little help. I grow in KiS amended, water only (distilled) soil for most of my grow, tinkering with add ins as needed depending on plant and container size and hunger of plant.
Distilled water until last 2weeks.
Regarding ph. I keep my ph in the 6s. Organic doesn’t require the narrow range of salts/coco but being in range helps.

Back