Photoperiod DogterB’s 3x3: First Run

DogterB

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
Hello all! This will be my first run in a new tent, new light, and upgraded setup. Hoping to do this right and get a Cultivators Club badge :eyebrows:

Tent: cheap (~$70ish) 3x3 tent I found on eBay. Brand called Matrix, brand new. For the price, I wasn’t expecting much. It has a solid pole structure, smooth zippers, and windows on two sides. It also has a bunch of light leaks around the stitching, small little things but plenty of them, and the zippers let a little light out. I keep my tent in a dark room, so not a big deal, I knew what I was getting.

Light: Mars Hydro FCE3000, got it for half price in an eBay auction. Currently running 24/0.

Medium: homemade soil utilizing @pop22’s recipes. Cut with some ProMix that I could get locally.

System: DIY Octopot copy setup with automatic watering reservoir. I have a storage with a whole cut in the lid, with a 7 gallon fabric pot sitting on top. The pot has a net cup that sticks through the bottom, down into the container, acting as a wick. The container water level is maintained by a small bucket in tent with a float valve, supplied by a 5 gallon reservoir outside the tent.

Strain: Sour Diesel, fem photo, Seedstockers via Multiverse Beans

Environment: 4” AC Infinity exhaust fan outside the tent. Heat and humidity ran with Inkbird controllers. Currently at 75%/80*F.

82DFD4A4-9015-48ED-A48A-D6D43832E62E.jpeg
FFFE6BA0-D903-4B8B-9A15-643F1412C580.jpeg

I started germinating with the paper towel method. Within a day and a half there was a good tap root and she was put into soil. She popped above soil 12/29/22.
E3D11090-271B-4AD6-B808-43C356833A58.jpeg
65488AB0-60A9-4CFD-BE3F-2C048EB02B1A.jpeg

I will wait awhile for her to get bigger before putting water in the reservoir. I also plan on putting in a net to attempt a scrog again. I’ve only done a couple of photos previously, and am excited for this one. It’s been awhile since I’ve had some good Sour D! :woohoo1:

Day 10
I had the lights up a bit too high for her and she didn’t want to grow up. Turned the lights down and she’s straightened up. I added a cover to the pot to help keep the soil moist
99EAF427-8491-4B86-92A8-03CB5EA6D9C3.jpeg

Honestly most tents like this are all made by the same company with different branding for each company as long as its got nice zippers and no huge light leaks you are golden. Good luck.
Yeah it’s just a cheapie one. A bunch of pinhole light leaks. Luckily my room is dark and I only use dim Christmas lights to light the room when needed. Should do just fine, well that’s the hope at least

Yeah it’s just a cheapie one. A bunch of pinhole light leaks. Luckily my room is dark and I only use dim Christmas lights to light the room when needed. Should do just fine, well that’s the hope at least
Should be ok, a short 3-5 minutes of low intensity light is ok. But if you have that low intensity light on for an extended period thats when it messes thing up. Happened to me on my last photo grow, accidentally left a light on by my tent all night 2 weeks later I had pollen sacks all over the bottom of my plant, by the time I noticed about 10% opened.

Should be ok, a short 3-5 minutes of low intensity light is ok. But if you have that low intensity light on for an extended period thats when it messes thing up. Happened to me on my last photo grow, accidentally left a light on by my tent all night 2 weeks later I had pollen sacks all over the bottom of my plant, by the time I noticed about 10% opened.
Aw man, that’s a bummer! Before flip I’ll definitely be taping over any and all light sources, for sure. I’m in a small room, so hoping the Christmas lights being mostly behind my 4x4 tent will help keep any direct light away

Back