Mephisto Genetics Double Grape, Autopots using Airpots, and a White Crack x Double Grape freebie.

Hey, your roots look nice snd healthy. But be careful with Autopots. I had 2 floods in the past. I never used them again as intended. I hand water some plants using them once in a while. But clogs or floods can happen. I personally also feel like Bottom wicking in Coco can add time to your overall grow. I prefer top feeding via pump and timer vs bottom wicking. Each have advantages and disadvantages. You def use less water in Autopots. I have some plants in Soil that are in Autopots, being hand watered in the bottom wicking area. These are my first Soil girls in the Large Autopots....and LAST ones in them! Soil stays too wet. I barely even have to water. The plants are not as big as they could be and I am 100% sure thst the pot size and Soil combo is not ideal. I use the 2 gal Autopots in the past with Coco. The 4 gal with Soil is just too deep. The soil clearly stays soaked much longer than it should as a result...with Soil. I have an Earthbox Junior right next to them and I use 5x the amount of water on the SIPs....maybe even more. Plants in bottom wicking set up need to use the rez water up often, or its counter productive. That is why smaller pots work better in Autopots set up. Your plants dont stay soaked as much as the large pots. Good workx slow
Thanks slow... I actually had posted up those pics initially in the Autopot section as a warning ⚠️ to flooding and to show that the root control discs are needed and they do in fact do their job very well! I’m very happy with how things are running using these airpots. After my last run in the 3.9’s there was no way I was going to do that again. I’d like to try something like a radicle bag or rain science bags in order to have a bigger pot that still has air pruning capabilities as this is the largest airpot that fits into the trays. I have 8 Autopots. With the soon to exist new 2x4 setup I’ll have (2) 2x4 and a 5x5. I’m thinking with some slightly larger pots I can put 4 in the 5x5 and 2 in each 2x4 and be able to avoid the hand watering and still max out my spaces.... I’m already jumping ahead! Lol. Honestly though I’m quite excited with how things are progressing.

Thanks slow... I actually had posted up those pics initially in the Autopot section as a warning ⚠ to flooding and to show that the root control discs are needed and they do in fact do their job very well! I’m very happy with how things are running using these airpots. After my last run in the 3.9’s there was no way I was going to do that again. I’d like to try something like a radicle bag or rain science bags in order to have a bigger pot that still has air pruning capabilities as this is the largest airpot that fits into the trays. I have 8 Autopots. With the soon to exist new 2x4 setup I’ll have (2) 2x4 and a 5x5. I’m thinking with some slightly larger pots I can put 4 in the 5x5 and 2 in each 2x4 and be able to avoid the hand watering and still max out my spaces.... I’m already jumping ahead! Lol. Honestly though I’m quite excited with how things are progressing.
Sounds like a plan! Its all about finding what works best for you. Those 3.9 gal.are kike garbage cans and hold too much moisture IMO. Your Airpots are working good. But I think a Rain Science bag might be better for root contol? As long as no floods! Glad things are working out. You will love having 3 tents. You will have a nice rotation and more options. Keep up the good work. Oh BTW, my Sour Cracks are doing AWESOME under my new light. Day 5 and way ahead of the siblings started at same time. Of course Sour Crack finishes fast. So far they have nice large leafs and are staying compact. Def enough light. My Home Made SIPs are doing GREAT! Actually I see more condensation than the Earthbox Juniors cap has on it. You want that condensation for Organics to break down, especially when you top.dress. will be followingx peace..slow

Sounds like a plan! Its all about finding what works best for you. Those 3.9 gal.are kike garbage cans and hold too much moisture IMO. Your Airpots are working good. But I think a Rain Science bag might be better for root contol? As long as no floods! Glad things are working out. You will love having 3 tents. You will have a nice rotation and more options. Keep up the good work. Oh BTW, my Sour Cracks are doing AWESOME under my new light. Day 5 and way ahead of the siblings started at same time. Of course Sour Crack finishes fast. So far they have nice large leafs and are staying compact. Def enough light. My Home Made SIPs are doing GREAT! Actually I see more condensation than the Earthbox Juniors cap has on it. You want that condensation for Organics to break down, especially when you top.dress. will be followingx peace..slow
Will you be documenting it soon? I don’t think I’ve seen anything on them yet but recall reading about them being planted in one of your threads. Sorry it’s late... lol. Woke up on the couch again after a nice Ghost Toof J! So in case I’m not making sense that’s why!

Will you be documenting it soon? I don’t think I’ve seen anything on them yet but recall reading about them being planted in one of your threads. Sorry it’s late... lol. Woke up on the couch again after a nice Ghost Toof J! So in case I’m not making sense that’s why!
I have a thread, will update some pics. I believe today is day 6? I havent added pics of them above ground. So far, so good. They seem to like the lighting so far. Peace, slow

Day 58
Just a few quick pics. Happy with the progress. Things are a little less crammed in there since I evicted the WC x DG and forced it to squat with my Sour Crack in the 2x4 and make their lives a little miserable! Lol. These were taken from the side window this time...
505001DC-708F-4B87-9D5A-48B9A640DBB7.jpeg
68303274-4F53-4DC1-BCC2-63FBEA498B4E.jpeg
4C3F8C42-22E2-4A72-9C04-52B3DD4C034A.jpeg

Day 65 update (meant to post it yesterday but got busy)

Ok... things have gotten a little easier/better in my world. Things are not 100% ideal, but definitely much better and I’m doing what I can with the current situation.

Quick recap...
To help the situation in the 5x5 I had originally moved the WCxDG in my 2x4 that had 5 Sour Cracks in it.. it did very little to improve things, but it helped a bit and at the same time made things less than ideal for the 5 Sour Cracks. It was the lesser of two evils... the WCxDG was much further along and halfway through flowering when I moved it. That meant I had to keep my humidity down. Well, my luck/timing/ whatever else I want to blame totally sucked as the weather took a turn for the worse and I found myself stuck with temps of 17C in the 2x4 when getting my humidity until control. Letting it rise into the 70’s didn’t help much either only gained a degree ... anyways on Monday my new light arrived for my new 2x4 which is set to arrive next Tuesday. The new light puts out more power than the 3 autocobs I currently have in my 2x4 so I swapped it in in hopes of higher temps...
007D762A-7818-4EFF-8E4C-01E7679A1CDC.jpeg
C2F8C5DF-919B-401D-876B-46232FE5E70F.jpeg
5BBBFE4A-3666-4BEC-8D26-2ED2E0B16022.jpeg

That was Monday night... Tuesday I was speaking to a friend and they just had the same 2x4 I’m waiting on delivered. I’m sure you know what came next... so I grabbed the 2x4 from them and they’ll get mine from me once it’s shipped.

Current situation... new 2x4 in same room with my 5x5 (no temp issues there-25C and 50% RH) new light in that 2x4 over my 5 Sour Cracks! Removed the 2 furthest along DG from my 5x5 and put them in my original 2x4 with 3 autocobs. Temps still on the chilly side but yesterday we had better weather and I was able to hit 22C @55% rh and the weather finally looks like things are going to warm up very soon. So WCxDG and 2 DG in my 2x4 with 1-2 weeks left on them with lower temps is better than 5 Sour Crack that just started flowering @17-18C
5x5 currently has 7 DG left in there with all of them looking like they need 3 weeks (some a little more, some a little less...) the finish to this is going to be interesting to say the least. At least I can say that I’ve given everything within my power for things to finish up much better than they were originally destined to be! Here’s a few pics from last night...
BA3F257F-0060-46C9-928E-0A1810242827.jpeg

5x5 showing some breathing room.
B0EB0798-BCC2-49F2-8754-107CBDF8A274.jpeg
5FADB738-06BC-4684-97C6-9D3608977CE7.jpeg
3EC0DB45-FC5D-4310-A213-ACFBEBA2B77E.jpeg
86E9396B-F2E3-4CF3-922A-DABCE6FF608A.jpeg
9752E60E-FB41-40E5-947B-C1FE63620DFD.jpeg

2x4 pics above. WCxDG in the middle DG on the sides...
fingers crossed for a strong finish!

Side note- impressed with the quality and improvements made on this new light over earlier iterations..

Back