Mephisto Genetics Double Grape, Autopots using Airpots, and a White Crack x Double Grape freebie.

Day 51

Things are really starting to move! Definitely wayyyy too full in there. Might actually have a 2x4 and some new lighting in time to maybe move a few out of there and let them finish with a bit of dignity! Lol. Still have my lights dialed down to half strength which is as low as they’ll go. Can’t dial it up still as I’m seeing some “taco-ing” on a few of the plants. Not major, but enough to tell me I can’t turn it up just yet. The tallest one is 41 inches from the top of the pot and that was the last one to start flowering. It’s the one in the 5gal Airpot.
EF853BA7-689F-4A0A-A5B9-8E85CC88649A.jpeg
42B20AE4-890B-4AD6-91B8-B1D6EADCD910.jpeg
8CE768BF-3880-41D1-B34C-DC3DB0EFBC0F.jpeg

Its packed!! haha :smoking: Lookin good tho.

Day 51

Things are really starting to move! Definitely wayyyy too full in there. Might actually have a 2x4 and some new lighting in time to maybe move a few out of there and let them finish with a bit of dignity! Lol. Still have my lights dialed down to half strength which is as low as they’ll go. Can’t dial it up still as I’m seeing some “taco-ing” on a few of the plants. Not major, but enough to tell me I can’t turn it up just yet. The tallest one is 41 inches from the top of the pot and that was the last one to start flowering. It’s the one in the 5gal Airpot. View attachment 1184955View attachment 1184956View attachment 1184957
I have a Roc it Fuel under a new 6 strip samsung light with adjustable power. Luckily it is adjustable. They say you can get plants close to these, but mine showed ligjt stress at 75% strength. So I lowered to about 40%. The plant is all by itself and is large. It is closer to the lights than I prefer, so I have the power turned down due to the lamp distance. The plant is budding well, but clearly too close to the lights by the color of the leaves. In my experience light can csuse a couple different types of stress related symptoms. You can get the "heat effect" stress symptoms (tacoing), especially with low humidity or Light intensity (yellowing). You can have both at tbe same time or seperately. Peacex slow

I have a Roc it Fuel under a new 6 strip samsung light with adjustable power. Luckily it is adjustable. They say you can get plants close to these, but mine showed ligjt stress at 75% strength. So I lowered to about 40%. The plant is all by itself and is large. It is closer to the lights than I prefer, so I have the power turned down due to the lamp distance. The plant is budding well, but clearly too close to the lights by the color of the leaves. In my experience light can csuse a couple different types of stress related symptoms. You can get the "heat effect" stress symptoms (tacoing), especially with low humidity or Light intensity (yellowing). You can have both at tbe same time or seperately. Peacex slow
Thanks for dropping some knowledge! I’m happy with the light- but this is the first time I’m seeing such a response. I’ve already completed 3 grows with this panel and never have I seen plants react in this manner. So the light I’m going to use in the new 2x4 is going to be one of those Samsung 2 board
Units in 3500k with reds added in.

Yeah, new lights can be stronger than we think. Especially when switching mid grow. My 6 place lightbstrips are stronger than needed for my space snd needed to be turned down to 40%. But I believe a plant born under the same lightvwoukd be more used to its power and might be able to tske higher strength under the same lights. We shall see on next round of plants. Peace, slow

Yeah, new lights can be stronger than we think. Especially when switching mid grow. My 6 place lightbstrips are stronger than needed for my space snd needed to be turned down to 40%. But I believe a plant born under the same lightvwoukd be more used to its power and might be able to tske higher strength under the same lights. We shall see on next round of plants. Peace, slow
Just noticed my last post was an incomplete thought! Lol. I think o was writing it much earlier than it was posted and I got really baked and passed out on the couch. When I woke up I must’ve looked at my phone and just hit post! Lol. Thankfully I don’t think there will be much variation between my new light and the one in my 5x5. Both 3500k spectrums, Samsung diodes, existing light is lm561c new light uses the slightly more efficient LM301B. I didn’t care to jump to v3- I think they use lm301h or something like that. Was happy with the deal on v2!

Ok, for those of you familiar with Autopots, this definitely makes the case for making sure to use a root control disc! LOL!! As already touched upon my tent is way too crowded! Took everything out last night to do some further cleanup on the lowers and also took off the odd full branch here and there!
While doing so I was reminded quite strongly that a few of my trays are without the root control discs. Have a look! LOL.
2AB1B76B-2240-4EBD-A721-FFCF97AD8E90.jpeg
82D1685C-6254-459D-873F-E8A31931CA1B.jpeg
A68E1F9F-B418-4601-BCAC-E3C78785D713.jpeg

I had enough for all of them but somehow a few of them went missing. I meant to go pick up more and life got I n the way and I forgot about it. Thankfully i caught it before it could clog the aqua valves. I cut off the excess roots by the aqua valves and ended up placing the overgrown root plants in trays with the control discs and vice versa. The stores around me seem to be all sold out of them. Any ideas as to what a suitable “patch” would be for the time being? Anyways as I was putting the plants back in I was trying to give them a bit more room than they had... well we all know you can’t get blood from a stone! So as I was almost done I look to see that I have 4 plants to go and in the tent there’s barely room for two! Anyways, shoved them more together and took the WC x DG and put it in my 2x4 with my sour cracks. Now that tent is stuffed too! Anyways, it was the better way to go forward in a totally not ideal situation.. my new light looks like it’s going to need 2 weeks or so
To get here and I haven’t been able to find a 2x4 with at least 6ft height locally here. They’re all 5 footers or 5’3

Day 55

This is what things are looking like now hacked a few branches off here and there of a few of them and evicted the WC x DG. It’s now rooming with 5 Sour Cracks and making them a little squished. It is for the best!
CB256C5E-E62A-4437-B063-592B14EE3398.jpeg
D2FD539F-0810-4082-BB73-BE22E0883E08.jpeg
BD2C84C2-76B6-47FC-9486-B85DED89C11B.jpeg

Ok, for those of you familiar with Autopots, this definitely makes the case for making sure to use a root control disc! LOL!! As already touched upon my tent is way too crowded! Took everything out last night to do some further cleanup on the lowers and also took off the odd full branch here and there!
While doing so I was reminded quite strongly that a few of my trays are without the root control discs. Have a look! LOL. View attachment 1185822View attachment 1185823View attachment 1185824

I had enough for all of them but somehow a few of them went missing. I meant to go pick up more and life got I n the way and I forgot about it. Thankfully i caught it before it could clog the aqua valves. I cut off the excess roots by the aqua valves and ended up placing the overgrown root plants in trays with the control discs and vice versa. The stores around me seem to be all sold out of them. Any ideas as to what a suitable “patch” would be for the time being? Anyways as I was putting the plants back in I was trying to give them a bit more room than they had... well we all know you can’t get blood from a stone! So as I was almost done I look to see that I have 4 plants to go and in the tent there’s barely room for two! Anyways, shoved them more together and took the WC x DG and put it in my 2x4 with my sour cracks. Now that tent is stuffed too! Anyways, it was the better way to go forward in a totally not ideal situation.. my new light looks like it’s going to need 2 weeks or so
To get here and I haven’t been able to find a 2x4 with at least 6ft height locally here. They’re all 5 footers or 5’3
Hey, your roots look nice snd healthy. But be careful with Autopots. I had 2 floods in the past. I never used them again as intended. I hand water some plants using them once in a while. But clogs or floods can happen. I personally also feel like Bottom wicking in Coco can add time to your overall grow. I prefer top feeding via pump and timer vs bottom wicking. Each have advantages and disadvantages. You def use less water in Autopots. I have some plants in Soil that are in Autopots, being hand watered in the bottom wicking area. These are my first Soil girls in the Large Autopots....and LAST ones in them! Soil stays too wet. I barely even have to water. The plants are not as big as they could be and I am 100% sure thst the pot size and Soil combo is not ideal. I use the 2 gal Autopots in the past with Coco. The 4 gal with Soil is just too deep. The soil clearly stays soaked much longer than it should as a result...with Soil. I have an Earthbox Junior right next to them and I use 5x the amount of water on the SIPs....maybe even more. Plants in bottom wicking set up need to use the rez water up often, or its counter productive. That is why smaller pots work better in Autopots set up. Your plants dont stay soaked as much as the large pots. Good workx slow

Back