Mephisto Genetics Double Grape, Autopots using Airpots, and a White Crack x Double Grape freebie.

Reaction score
Hello fellow growers. I’ve been meaning to get this up for a while but life got in the way! I’m in a 5x5 with an HLG v.1 knockoff from Meijiu. I have 8 DG in 1 gal airpots in standard Autopot trays, 1 WCxDG in a 3 gal airpot (had one other that I pulled in the 2nd week as well as another DG) I do have one more DG in a 5gal airpot ( had it laying around and wanted to see if would yield any different than the 3gal) problem is that I overwatered and stunted it just about a week after the transplant. It was late at night and I was quite elevated and I watered it, my wife called out to me to ask me something and came back and before I knew it I watered it again! Lol! It’s finally starting to catch up in development.

So this is my first go with either of these strains, and I welcome any and all feedback/pointers! I’m currently on day 35. I had posted an earlier thread asking if DG is extra sensitive to heat/light as I noticed some cupping/curling onwards of the leaf edges. I didn’t have excessive temps- 80f (I think I once hit a max of 81.3) and my lights were dialed down quite a bit. When I got temps down to 76 I still noticed progression so I made the assumption that they were kinda light sensitive. This is my 4th grow under these lights and I’ve never had them this high OR dialed down this low after a seedling stage. Anyways, might save a bit on electricity! Again without being too familiar with DG I have to say I was a little concerned about the lack of flowering by this point... at day 35 only about 3 of them have just kinda started to flower the last few days. I’ve always used a 24/7 light cycle but I switched to 20/4 a few days ago in hopes of the break giving the plants a possible needed rest in order to get things moving in the flower dept. So far I think it’s helped. Truthfully I wonder if these seeds are up to par with those in the past. I almost wonder if the troubles over the past year made some corner cutting necessary in order to get seeds out to market??? Either way, I was a bit worried last week but things seem to be starting to take off so maybe this is the perfect time for this journal to start!? My previous Autopot grow in coco made me really question the practicality of 3.9gal plastic pots that came with the system. I found them to just stay really wet and heavy with straight coco and the roots didn’t show that they needed all that medium. So this time around I decided to try something different. I would’ve preferred 2 or 3 gal airpots but they don’t fit in the bases but 1 gal does so that was that... I didn’t have faith in just putting a wick through the bottom grill of the pot but after seeing @parsing_trees method in the micro section I think I’ll be going that route forward.
Current workaround
A8B82ECD-10D7-4806-8E12-9A0D5728F23D.jpeg

Day 23
93AF484A-3DFA-4051-9EC3-B5638EB18C81.jpeg

I cut some film to cover the exposed water in the tray around the pot
Day 35
74526732-1318-4BDF-9B5E-9972ECF66D89.jpeg
70F92444-9D51-42B3-AE7B-3FA5CD143462.jpeg

So far I’m really liking the structure on half a f them. I have one pheno that is very squat but if all goes as it should I’m expecting it to be a little bud bomb! Lol.

I still put zip ties on some of my airpots, but at the top, like you did on the far right -- it helps to keep them closed (the single screw may not be enough), and I use them as anchor points for LST. I use different colored zip ties for each airpot.

I still put zip ties on some of my airpots, but at the top, like you did on the far right -- it helps to keep them closed (the single screw may not be enough), and I use them as anchor points for LST. I use different colored zip ties for each airpot.
Colour-coded ties... now that sounds purdy!!! Makes seeing things clearer when it’s a full-on jungle I’m sure!
Day 37 pics... not much change but I had them so I figured I’d post them...
5B4D1233-8A6C-4065-A417-7E8702AE78E5.jpeg
FCE0162F-5637-4A51-95F4-6F653F402042.jpeg

Day 43
Things are progressing. 3-4 of the plants have yet to start flowering. On the bright side that may give me the necessary spacing come harvest time! Lol!View attachment 1181565View attachment 1181566
Sometimes Bottom wicking Coco can extend the entire grow cycle. That is one reason I personally do top feeding in Coco. They all look healthy, so a little extra time shouldnt be a big thing. Maybe the smaller Airpots will kick them into flower full gesr. Good job so far! Slow

Just a quick pic update. Got one hold out right now in regards to flowering but things are finally moving along nicely... going to have to do a final cleanup on the lowers as things are really going to get tight in there!
83BE7B47-02B3-440B-82DB-0F97124B7919.jpeg
A2044E97-AA7B-41F9-B5A9-91EC7AD9E749.jpeg
84CC848D-9E7E-4FA0-A19C-5FCAEBE4CE64.jpeg
E8489A4F-98D1-4F8F-9D44-12D48F92EA01.jpeg
B6FE4F90-E458-4CFE-A491-6C85561B0868.jpeg

Tallest is 30in from top of the pot. All of them are within a few inches of each other except 1. It’s a really squat plant with a healthy amount of bud sites

Just a quick pic update. Got one hold out right now in regards to flowering but things are finally moving along nicely... going to have to do a final cleanup on the lowers as things are really going to get tight in there!View attachment 1182297View attachment 1182298View attachment 1182299View attachment 1182300View attachment 1182301

Tallest is 30in from top of the pot. All of them are within a few inches of each other except 1. It’s a really squat plant with a healthy amount of bud sites
Gonna be tigjt in there! Looking goood

Back