Druid's little grow thread

@Druid I applaud your excellent way of attaching a scrog to a pyramid.
thanks, I just laid in on top and then kinda wiggled it down. all professional like

I've been reflecting on today's inspection round and said pyramid might be developing a problem. the leaves are turning a little blue-ish. which makes sense in flower. so now I might actually have to flush her a little bit to get the nute ratios back to normal, if that's still possible with the centimeter of salt caked on :D
maybe a dunk.

Mine get covered in algae or salt and so forth but never caused a problem. The main problem is actually getting a dodgy bean. Because of how I'm now set up I need maximum ability to move stuff around so I just top and let them do their thing.

I wonder if i can get the pyramid completely white by the end of the grow..

IMG_20240521_113125.jpg

She's now getting 1.5 to 2L per day and getting into her mass building phase. I'm contemplating watering twice a day, since that seems to be the limiting factor atm.

IMG_20240521_113058.jpg

Despite my best efforts she still managed to build a main top. Very apically dominant.

IMG_20240521_113118.jpg

I wonder where in my city I could get a turkey baster.. :baked:

Still haven't found a turkey baster but something better and much more stylish. It's gonna be great, trust me. But that's next week, now we take a look at the new group shot

We're on days 41, 24, 13 and the Epsilon on the left is really entering her mass driver phase. This is my favorite part. You can literally see how they expand each day. Awesome! The Strawberry Cola in the middle is loving life and just vegging without a care in the world. The White Widow on the other hand you can still see the childhood trauma. On the second watering I let her sit in the runoff for a day.. fresh coco. Not the smartest but easily fixed with descent overwatering.

IMG_20240525_150352.jpg

Didn't plan to update so soon but the middle one is indicating that she's going into flower, so here we are. The left one is still busy, becoming a feather-duster, the right one is just getting into the swing of things and the middle one.. well, this is the last picture before she becomes a teenager.

IMG_20240527_102714.jpg

She's now about as bit as the left one was half way into stretch, so that's promising.

IMG_20240527_102728.jpg

As you can see on the older leaves, I have been a bit lazy in the beginning but she doesn't hold a grudge and is growing fine now.

IMG_20240527_102737.jpg

And of course the star of the show, the Epsilon on day 43. I remain highly skeptical that she's ready to harvest in 17 days but hey, surprise me baby!

IMG_20240527_102721.jpg

I'm hoping the buds will connect a bit more, right now she looks like a supersized solo-cup plant lol

I'm hoping the buds will connect a bit more,

Oh don't worry, she'll definitely connect. That is going to be frikken monster in two weeks.

She will probably be early in the harvest window in 17 days, although you'll certainly want to go longer, this will be a perfect plant to harvest one branch each week as soon as she's in the harvest window and then you will have empirical knowledge about the difference.

Last edited:
Oh don't worry, she'll definitely connect. That is going to be frikken monster in two weeks.

She will probably be early in the harvest window in 17 days, although you'll certainly want to go longer, this will be a perfect plant to harvest one branch each week as soon as she's in the harvest window and then you will have empirical knowledge about the difference.

Oh she'll definately grow now! I've started giving her 57% more fertilizer, switched to phosphor acid for ph down and started adding that canna boost stuff(dunno if that actually helps). I'm pretty sure I can't run such high concentrations for long on the pyramid without dunking it later. I'm excited to find out :D

Today is Day 10 for the little Epsilon auto, time for her to move into her new pyramid. Old lady widow is now on day 19 and freshly connected to the reservoir. Getting the ph in the pot back to normal levels did take 2 flushes of 10L at 5.8ph 1.6ec but now she seems to be happy again.
That's a good reminder not to water with ph 7 for weeks :D

View attachment 1678775
I like your pyramid! Tell me about this!

You could reduce the evaporation happening with the pyramid by wrapping it in say plastic wrap, like you'd use in the kitchen. Leave the block on top exposed for the soil to take in air.

Back