Photoperiod Ducksfoot Project, Round Three!

pop22

Frankensteins Lab Leader
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I've had a ducksfoot just vegging for 6-8 month now... she's been in the way as I've not had the chance to breed her. I decided to take 20 clones in hope of 3-4 good plants...... duck's bitch to clone! I average 30% with them...

I took a couple branches and chopped them down into clones. Being a reveg, she had lots of little branches so I had a good many tips to use. I dipped the stems in Dip n Grow rooting hormone. I put them in Jiffy pellets and placed them in a tray with a humidity dome. Vents are closed and will keep the RH as high as I can in there, that seems to help with ducks. I plan to breed these with a male from the seed I made by crossing our local ducksfoot with ducksfoot I bought online. I'm backcrossing to get the resulting seeds to be more like the local duck. I'll then breed these selectively for a couple more generations till stable.

ducksfoot clones pic1 -12-19-2017.jpg

I've had a ducksfoot just vegging for 6-8 month now... she's been in the way as I've not had the chance to breed her. I decided to take 20 clones in hope of 3-4 good plants...... duck's bitch to clone! I average 30% with them...

I took a couple branches and chopped them down into clones. Being a reveg, she had lots of little branches so I had a good many tips to use. I dipped the stems in Dip n Grow rooting hormone. I put them in Jiffy pellets and placed them in a tray with a humidity dome. Vents are closed and will keep the RH as high as I can in there, that seems to help with ducks. I plan to breed these with a male from the seed I made by crossing our local ducksfoot with ducksfoot I bought online. I'm backcrossing to get the resulting seeds to be more like the local duck. I'll then breed these selectively for a couple more generations till stable.

View attachment 841416

All the best for this. I think it's awesome you're going to try and preserve the local ducks!
That success rate with the clones is awful low. Why do you think that is?
Have you tried to experiment with a few different variables to see if they can improve it?
Is it the cuts themselves, or do they get fungus on the cut site or something?
:rep:

I've tried every technique I could find. You should see what they do.... often they stay green for 3-6 weeks. probably root building. THEN they die.......THEN...... a new sprout pops up from the base of the supposedly dead plant. Its the strangest thing I've every seen. If one of these does it, I'll document it closely. You have to see it to believe it!

All the best for this. I think it's awesome you're going to try and preserve the local ducks!
That success rate with the clones is awful low. Why do you think that is?
Have you tried to experiment with a few different variables to see if they can improve it?
Is it the cuts themselves, or do they get fungus on the cut site or something?
:rep:

yes I did. Sprouted roots and died after transplant.........lol Same with the aerocloner. Had beautiful 6" roots. Planted it, and three weeks later it just died......

Oh yeah, you even tried that air-cutting technique we were talking about, didn't you?
Curious...

Back