Dutch Passion Dutch Passion Blueberry Grow and smoke report w/pics!

Pheno 1 was a trimmin' dream, 2 was a ton of work. The god bud and the greenthumb g-13 were both nightmares to trim. I expect the Hollands Hope to be harsh. I think I am going to mess with some light defoliation this year on the HH...even if just to ease my solo trimarathon in 2 months...lol

Thanks for the comments guys. Year 3's blueberry plant is said and done with. She had some hermaphroditing issue but I pulled all the male flower I could and rode her through to the end. Best bud yet from the blueberry, tremendous blueberry perfume smell, very strong. Monster yield over 5lbs.

Update.... As the cure has been 3 months, the smoke is extremely strong this year, and flavour and smell is off the charts. Very nice sedating effect, which goes very well with tincture for spinal chord pain. Best plant overall of the season for me, easily, when taste/smell, potency, yield and med effect are all taken into consideration.

I want to upgrade the quality of my reviews further, so i started a new more indepth template. Your might notice that i am a kind of a tough rater. 10/10 ratings rarely exist, as i feel there is almost always room for improvement. If I rate more than a few 10/10 ratings overall, you can expect this strain to be really topnotch. My ratings are based on a single plant, but will be updated to include updated reivew on multiple plants as grown. I am striving to make these medical based outdoor grow reports, to be the most indepth available. Some of my ratings from the medical side will often seem low. That is due to the severity of the 24/7 Chronic Pain and migrane headaches cause from an upper neck spinal chord injury. The best weed i have smoked so far only has a rating of 7/10.

SeedBank : Dutch Passion

Strain: Blueberry photoperiod

Did it autoflower?: Y/N No photoperiod strain

Soil/hydro: Started in Promix HP

Transplant: Standard transplant

Average Stalk height: 5.5 feet

Circumferance: 32 feet

Nutes: Advance Nutrient Connosseur Bloom, Green Planet Massive, Green Planet Terpinator, Foxfarm Cha-ching, AN Flawless Finish

Light (kind and schedule): 24 hour under Galaxy Hydro and Maro 100X3w for 10 days, then under the sun during the day and under LED all night until day 30. Then planted in the ground on June the 1st. Increasing natural light regime to 16hours on June the 21st, then declining losing 2-3 minutes per day.

From seed to harvest date: 6months (april 1st to Oct 12th)

Dry Yield: 64oz

RATE SCALE: 1-10 rating system with 1 being the worst, and 10 being the best.

Outdoor Grow report:

Mold Resistance 7/10 Very few mold specs. We had an off year this season with virtually no rain until preflower and then the weather turned into a wet season for the majority of flower(pain in the ass season) I pulled around 5 smaller spots of mold from this huge plant. I had a major stalk split from high winds during a storm and i ended up getting a bit of stalk rot.

Insect Resistance 9/10 Very few bug bites on the Blueberry vs other strains. It seems like the leafhoppers and whiteflies dont like the taste of the Blueberry this season. ;)

Bud to leaf ratio 7/10 A decent bud to leaf ratio, but lots of trimming to do though!

Bud Density 6/10 A decent density this season, but not great. Acceptable density, but many of the buds are quite fluffy on the BB.

Tolerance to Nutrients NA/10 - I didnt make any mistakes throughout this plants life. As always this plant is a light early seedling feeder, and they always seems to like a fairly dry medium.

Tolerance to Wind 6/10 This plant had a knotting branch to trunk transitions which was prone to splitting. 60kph windstorm took its toll on this plant. Lost 1 main branch and 5 secondary branches.

Tolerance to Cold 7/10 We got a stretch of below 10 degrees celcius for 3 days with one day hitting close to 0. Minimal stress showing on the Blueberry. Also saw several frosts at the end of flower, and took them okay, but leaves did take a fair hit.

Trichome Production 7/10 Very good crystal formation.

Ease of Training 6/10 A good plant for early LST. Once the plant was older, branches became brittle and rubbery, which made canopy management very difficult. .

Scent Strength 8/10 Over the last years growing this strain i have gotten two smells. One is the Blueberry Muffin scent which is quite nice.....and then there is the blueberry perfume which is absolutely stinky and amazing, and is the smell of this years plant. Last season i got the perfume scent and love it. Same this season.

Overall Recommendation as an outdoor plant 6/10 - This the the 5th year i have grown DP BB. Mold resistance has always been pretty solid on the BB. In a decent climate with lower winds this rating would be higher, but in my climate(2 tornado warnings with ripping wind, and heavy, heavy rainstorms) the knuckled stalks of the BB pose quite a problem. Ive had 3 years of fairly major stalk splits on this strain, and 2 of 3 stalk splits caused too much stress and the plant hermied(or at least thats what i think caused the shift in sex).

Average Outdoor 6.9/10 (i am sure if i did detailed review using the same rating system, last years would have surpassed this seasons in average rating)

Medical Effect Report:

Migrane Headaches 6/10 - This strain doesnt do a whole lot to help migranes, though it doesnt have a negative impact either.

Muscle tension/spasms 8/10 -The Blueberry works very well for shutting down muscle spasms.

Severe Chronic Pain 7/10 - The Blueberry is mongst the best strains i have grown for pain control. Every plant i have grown so far, has solid pain control. Not so great to take away severe pain, but it does help to nullify it to some degree.

Anxiety/Depression 7/10 - Quite a powerful sedative high, but one that really makes you feel warm and happy. For me its not the best buzz for social smoking, usually leaning more to typical indica effects.

High Duration 7/10 - Strong buzz at 1.5hours, and still feel the effects at 2 hours after a good half of a decent sized joint. .

Overall Medical Effect Rating 7.0/10

Final Thoughts - Ahh the Blueberry....this plant is amazing smoke and always produces massize yields. Smell is always spectacular as are tastes. Medical effect has been there for me as well. But she doesnt take stress very well, and it seems the knuckled branches make the main stalk prone to splitting. In a less extreme climate than my own, i bet the DP Blueberry could do some amazing things, and given decent care even in a guerilla situation she could pull some decent results. Ive decided to finally retire the Blueberry for a season from the full sun garden and plant her next season in the test garden with only 8 tapering down to 6 direct sun by the end of the season. Wind in the test garden is far lower, which should virtually eliminate stalk splitting with any luck.

Harvested October 12th

Main plant Pic
IMG_4403600.jpg

A bit closer
IMG_4404600.jpg

Closeup
IMG_4406600.jpg

IMG_4412600.jpg

Dry Bud
IMG_44716.jpg

Closeup(trichome production above should be an 8 not a 7!!)
IMG_44726.jpg

Last edited:
Back