SSSC Earthbox Jr. Auto Bruce Lemon Diesel

Day 33
She seems to have self corrected the microcephaly from the top dressing and watering. Solid stretch happened in the past two days… a second round of training appears to be in store as she’s still vegging.
4FD5E1A5-20E2-4119-B540-0991E3C60F34.jpeg
30194C28-3066-4D07-AED7-CD58EDBB8B8A.jpeg

Day 39
Seems to be slow on overall growth and small on new growth again so I gave her a top dressing and top watering and defoliated fans and lowers
Before
2C499C0E-3E6D-4E63-AEF0-78EDC0619381.jpeg

The roots are amazing under that plastic mulch cover
89ED8FB0-3098-41C1-AA44-31A85DBA92F5.jpeg
542B672F-2CB9-4E2E-9E28-64F2863E5961.jpeg

I mixed a few handfuls of miracle gro organics soil with Roots Organics Terp Tea Bloom, Terp Tea Bloom Booster, essential earth, and elemental. I put this heavily amended soil mounding on top of these roots, watered it in and replaced the cover.
Back in tent
1A831B59-CF46-46F1-B10F-1AC5D7A44422.jpeg

Seems to be slow on overall growth and small on new growth again so I gave her a top dressing and top watering and defoliated fans and lowers
Before
View attachment 1589502
The roots are amazing under that plastic mulch cover
View attachment 1589503View attachment 1589504
I mixed a few handfuls of miracle gro organics soil with Roots Organics Terp Tea Bloom, Terp Tea Bloom Booster, essential earth, and elemental. I put this heavily amended soil mounding on top of these roots, watered it in and replaced the cover.
Back in tent
View attachment 1589505
You can definitely tell she needed a top dressing by the root intrusion. Pics don't tell the story as well as being there, but there was/is something with the new growth and this could easily be what she wanted with her size and amount of growth.

This is why I build a pretty damn large nute mount at the time of set up. I haven't seen anyone do this before I started doing it. Jeremy of BAS doesn't do it with Earthboxes.
It is a lot. It probably would be way too much in just a plain pot. But we're not in regular pots. We have Earthboxes with that fabulous two root systems. I believe she gets to pick and choose what she needs at that particular time. I TRY to only do two large top dressings, one at set up and one about two weeks or so into flower. The first is mainly for vegetative growth, but also nutes for flower. This gives plenty of time for those flower nutes to be made available and ready for uptake when needed. Those flower nutes let you wait that time after flowering begins, before the second top dressing is added. EWC is always the first I put down, initially and on subsequent dressings. With most everything in EWC being fully available, I think of it as sorta an attractant for the roots to move into. With all the life in good quality EWC, they are there to start making the added top dressings available.

I'm not saying what I'm doing is any better. Your girl says you're doing very well. It does allow me not to worry top dressing for quite a while and only have to get the timing sorta right on the second dressing....I say sorta because this is organics, Exactness is not generally required for most things.
You ARE gonna have your hands full keeping that one fed during flower that she's fast approaching. If that root intrusion was on my current Root Beer Float, she would get my second dressing. I was goin to check unda da skirt of her yesterday, but I forgot and watered her first. I'll pull her out and check today and do some adjustments.

You're doing fantastic, but that girl is gonna be really hungry VERY soon and you better be ready for her!
One observation for you to look at. She might could use a little dose of mycos with whatever ya have. I like to see really 'fuzzy' roots in the intrusion. I think the Roots Organics you added has some, but if you have any laying around, it could enhance the development better.
Keep up the outstanding work!!!!:headbang:

Day 43
She was looking happier again but super lopsided in canopy so I did some more training.
Before
F0F67FA9-349C-4EBA-92F0-D941AFDAF534.jpeg

75E8F23F-F256-4793-8D48-5FC6BC3D8118.jpeg

After
A6C61360-DDF4-4540-866C-D77C0BBE4684.jpeg

Really excited I can tell I got my favorite pheno that has a lemony diesel smell(less Bruce) and is already frosting, last time this pheno was ridiculously sticky. We are definitely in early flower now

Back