Electricity Consumption Cost Reduction.

Another thing to consider if you have a more powerful efficient light you can grow autos with less time because it's all about the dli daily light intake. I think it's called which is how much light the plant needs they can only absorb so much light without additional co2. I've grown photos and autos together and do the autos on 12 for part of the grow. You need to figure out how much light you need. And only give that even if that means running light closer on 50 percent. The leds can be closer than hps. But honestly if your space is cold you might want the extra heat.

Grower's Choice ROI-E200 LED Fixture | 200w | 2' x 4' up to 3' x 5'
growers-choice-roi-e200-gallery-image-05-jpg.1409610

https://hydrobuilder.com/growers-choice-roi-e200-led-grow-light.html

i use the 680 model

What is the grow space size? How many plants do you normally run? I've done well with the Mars-Hydro lights. Not too costly.
The grow space is only 80x80x160cm, and plants are dependant on what I'm doing (as I like to dabble in breeding as well). Usually I have a max of 4 plants.

Definately think I'm going to have to go the way of LED now.

Hello fellow uk grower changing to led will deff save a few quid and you could run it 24hr for a bit less then your hps and then you dont need to run heaters as much thats about all i can think off
just worked my elec cost £175 a grow =12 weeks=12oz+a grow. I run my lights SF2000,SF1000,voast120
2 6inch fans+2air cerculater fans+10inch extraction fan i know what you saying elecy and gas prices are extortionate here in uk

Cheers for the breakdown man, that gives me a proper idea. That £175 will be over £262 minimum in a couple of months, but I suppose in the end that's barely the price of a couple of ounces from my connect & I can pull 6+ from my tent when it's full.

Happy New Year @The Bedroom Gardener UK:pass: Lots of variables in figuring the efficiency issues (for me). The environment and how it may change during the grow is a large factor.
My issue with LED lights is that they are so efficient and do not give off much heat compared to MH or HPS. Not that this is a bad thing but when I switched to LED lights, I did not take the lesser amount of heat into account so after factoring in a heater it was not as good as the MH/HPS for my open basement grows.
The Led lights work in my tent grows when the high heat is not acceptable but enough is produced to keep the tent in a good growing heat range and their efficiency shines.
When humidity and heat are an issue it can be more to run these units to keep in a good grow atmosphere.
I have come to the conclusion that fighting mother nature is too expensive. I finally figured out after my last grow that for my basement grows if I use the natural occurring humidity swings (high in the summer and fall and dropping in the winter) to my advantage instead of adjusting to it I am better off. But that means a limited time for growing. Happy Farming :toke:

I grow in my garage, and so have been using the HPS to keep the temps up. Looks like I'm also going to have to shut down during the colder parts of the year if I swap over to LED. That's much better than not growing at all though.

You want to get one with the most umols that is how efficient the energy conversion is. The higher the better. The best chips that convert electricity into light are only made in America so they can't be copied. So that means the most efficient lights are most expensive. I used 400 watt hps before they both work good it's nice not having to change bulbs and less heat. But also if you get a weaker light with less heat it might not get your temps high enough causing done to use a space heater I Don't. I use a 680watt light in 4x4
Cheers man, I'll make a note of that for when I'm looking.

Back