Lighting Finally building my COB

budelee

Colorado Legal Babeeee!!!
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
a Little Dab 'll Do Ya.ask Elvis !!
Hey everybody!! I am jumping on the diy train with the rest of yaz!! I'll try and document as thoroughly as possible so that if anybody has a build in mind,they can see every part of the process,first off if it wasnt for @BigSm0 @arty zan @pop22 @The Elvis and @Ripper coaching me i prolly wouldnt have taken the chance,..i started slowly with getting the frame pieces cut,i chose to go with angle iron rather than aluminum ,its all good.. Grandbaby wanted breakfast so i hadda take a break
image.jpeg
since my light will have 10 1812 cobs i am making the frame 4'4" x 3' and the spacing of the cobs in each bar will be 12" apart giving good coverage for a 16sf area
image.jpeg
with all the parts layed out,i see i forget one pack of screws,so ill be heading back to the store
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
upon inspection of the heatsinks,i found some damage,one broken screw and one bent...the bent screw was carefully backed out and reinstalled to follow the existing threads...
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
the broken screw took about 20 minutes to drill and rethread but issue fixed..ill keep adding to the thread as i move along

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 189
Nice setup. The 1812 is a 50v cob. The drivers in the pic is 48v not sure if that driver will work with your cobs? I think you will need the hlg-185-54 for 54v. For 5 cobs on each driver for 700ma each.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

I have 4 1812's running right now they work fantastic. My only concern is you using angle iron instead of aluminum I will caution you to watch the temps on that.. my aluminum gets pretty warm..

Back