First Attempt with CS treatment

Seeing good results with CS but I still wanna try STS when I do this... soon.. really soon I hope. :p

The first pollen sac is getting ready to open, lord help my allergies.

I am liking this thread I can't wait to see your results.
On my last CS breeding I sprayed and turned one of my own breeds called special reserve and put it to a positronics Afghan express.

I followed my usual regime which was the Afghan went down a week before the special reserve

Then when the special reserve showed pistils I started spraying with CS(homemade).

I sprayed once a day for 14 days(it's normal for the plant to look sick you are stressing it by spraying with CS)

At 14 days of spraying balls were showing

14 days later pollen was released onto my Afghan

I let the Afghan go till near death to maximise ripe seed(6-7 weeks after pollination)

In the end I got just under 500 mature fem seed

They are in their second week of drying now (I usually let my seeds dry for at least a month for the best germ rates)

That one branch can pollinate your while growspace if you let it!

Are you going to harvest some of that fem pollen for future use?

hello seraphim19 , why would you say this ,,,,,

"it's normal for the plant to look sick you are stressing it by spraying with CS"

if you are seeing a sick plant that is stressed imo you are watering too often , because you are spraying the plant it does not use up the water in the soil like the other plants are

water half as much/often maybe even less and you wont see a sick looking stressed plant

also , when spraying it with c.s , stress is not what we are trying to do or required to reverse it , we are blocking the female hormone ethylene so the plant is only able to produce male flowers but still pass on only female chromosomes

if you looked at my pics in my intro and c.s threads you would see very happy and healthy looking reversed plants

imo telling people it is ok for thier plants to look sick was/is a mistake that shouldnt be repeated , it is not ok , and having people believe it is is also not ok

what should be said is , if your plants look sick or stressed it may be due to over watering during the spraying process , under normal conditions and without spraying the plant the watering would have been normal , but due to the plant intaking water from the spraying , it can not use up the water in its pot before being watered again causeing root rot

sorry , not trying to ruffle any feathers , just pointing things out

peace :cool:

Hey bob

The reason I say this is that the silver that is suspended in the spray has always made my plants look stressed when I CS them.

I also understand we aren't trying to stress them, but in nature once we start to block natural hormones the natural response from nearly all organisms is stress, just ask a woman going through menopause

Also the stress I am referring to has no relation to water uptake from roots as if you have grown before you can tell when your girls need water. I always treat my girls as individuals and only feed them when they need it i.e. dry. If a grower feeds without checking soil wetness then they have a lot to learn

I have also found this stress/sick look corrects itself once spraying is stopped and we stop messing with their hormonal balance

That being said I can understand how this statement could confuse people, maybe I should have gone into more detail.

omg i just spit coffee through my nose when i read this ,,,,,

" just ask a woman going through menopause"

that was too good

seriously though , in the early days of my useing c.s i seen what you mention , i cut back on the watering and now i never see a sick or stressed looking plant, a grower and a breeder reversing a plant are 2 different things , so the comment "If a grower feeds without checking soil wetness then they have a lot to learn" doesnt exactly fit

anyway , moving on

peace :cool:

glad you liked that comparison. Made me laugh typing it

As long as it works for the new CS guys that's all that matters we all get better with experience.

Peace dude