STS fail, learn from my mess. :)

As far as the top, I let it grow natural and just did the single top, the pollen fell down to under branches. Was worried it didn't work and posted a few pics after a week or so and someone caught the first ball forming and pointed it out. Then 2 or 3 days they were all over the top of it.

1704507118506.jpeg

The whole thing is in my completed test thread while I was testing the GLB products.

Ok, the report on 10 month old STS solution. It still works.
IMG20240118100757.jpg

The plant, about a foot tall.
IMG20240118100703.jpg

IMG20240118100650.jpg

Sprayed just the tips of the four lower branches, two internodes in all. Every other day or two for 5 total sprays.

Last edited:
Ok, the report on 10 month old STS solution. It still works.
View attachment 1659892
The plant, about a foot tall.
View attachment 1659895
View attachment 1659899
Sprayed just the tips of the four lower branches, two internodes in all. Every other day or two for 5 total sprays.
Was that 10 months as stock solution, or fully mixed and ready to go? Refrigerated and dark? Did you mix it up from dry chemicals, or was it purchased premixed? Sorry for the quiz, but I am still trying to figure out why my STS was so bloody toxic. One application produced more damage than your entire series did. I killed half a dozen plants trying to get this sorted, and I am still not sure whether the problem is my solution, the way I applied it, or both. I have tried spraying the whole plant, which killed all, spraying only the nodes, which reversed one and killed another, and have tried applying with a brush to nodes only, which caused toxicity, but seems to have at least partially reversed one, and likely reversed the other. My solution was mixed fresh as application solution, not stock, and was water clear when applied. One possibility is that the fresh solution was stronger than older stuff or pre-mixed kits that may have backed off on the concentration. OTOH, I may have screwed up the mixing, but I was extremely careful with that.

OTOH, the one successful reversal produced more pollen than most or all of my CS she-males combined did. Go figure. :shrug::pighug:

Was that 10 months as stock solution, or fully mixed and ready to go? Refrigerated and dark? Did you mix it up from dry chemicals, or was it purchased premixed? Sorry for the quiz, but I am still trying to figure out why my STS was so bloody toxic. One application produced more damage than your entire series did. I killed half a dozen plants trying to get this sorted, and I am still not sure whether the problem is my solution, the way I applied it, or both. I have tried spraying the whole plant, which killed all, spraying only the nodes, which reversed one and killed another, and have tried applying with a brush to nodes only, which caused toxicity, but seems to have at least partially reversed one, and likely reversed the other. My solution was mixed fresh as application solution, not stock, and was water clear when applied. One possibility is that the fresh solution was stronger than older stuff or pre-mixed kits that may have backed off on the concentration. OTOH, I may have screwed up the mixing, but I was extremely careful with that.

OTOH, the one successful reversal produced more pollen than most or all of my CS she-males combined did. Go figure. :shrug::pighug:
Sorry about the redundant questions, for some reason, I missed one of your earlier replies. So in summary, your 10 month old solution was application ready, applied by spraying only to the tips of the lower four branches, not to the nodes, leaves, or main cola top. And you applied five times. That is somewhat consistent with the one decent reversal I got which was hit three or four times by spray, but nodes only. My applications by brush to nodes only was not as effective. One plant seems to be producing nanners only, no mature male flowers, and the other only partially reversed, and not much of the plant at that. It seems that spraying is better, and not much of it is required. :pighug:

Well gro peeps, my first STS attempt was 5/5. Dead that is. All five. All identical if somewhat different timing of decline.

I suspect that the problem was that I applied the mist liberally to the entire plant. T'would appear that that might not have been such a good idea. It worked with CS, but not with STS.

These are the longest survivors, their two earlier dead sisters were binned before photos. The two on the right are dead and crispy, the one on the left dying but not crispy. All binned now.

View attachment 1652555

I have a couple other solos that I will try reversing once they are old enough. Perhaps round two will work better... :pighug:
It is not necessary, at all, to spray anything but the nodes themselves. You might also want to dilute that solution, a little. Hope you have better luck next time!

Test for DSC last year when he started selling it. ( some dust up since then and he's no longer onsite from what I've been told ) Dry powder, mix yourself into 2 stock solutions ( still have those bottles as well ) this spraying was done with the already mixed A and B solution in the sprayer I used last year. It has been sitting on bottom shelf in the back of my fridge. I myself have tried twice before with batch powder in bags, with similar bad results. I liked his because it was all pre measured and ready for you. All of bag A in the A bottle, All of bag B in the B bottle, add water, stir, mix B into A into your sprayer.
How many total sprays did you do over how long?
I just hit the tips of the lower branches. Just enough to get them wet, not even a full trigger pull. Every other day or two, maybe 4 or 5 times over a week.

Sorry about the redundant questions, for some reason, I missed one of your earlier replies. So in summary, your 10 month old solution was application ready, applied by spraying only to the tips of the lower four branches, not to the nodes, leaves, or main cola top. And you applied five times. That is somewhat consistent with the one decent reversal I got which was hit three or four times by spray, but nodes only. My applications by brush to nodes only was not as effective. One plant seems to be producing nanners only, no mature male flowers, and the other only partially reversed, and not much of the plant at that. It seems that spraying is better, and not much of it is required. :pighug:
Yup, I just hit the tips of the branches......since there were some leaves there as well they got it too. You might wanna try another few plants, spraying different amounts over different times....once every other day, once every 3 days etc to see what works.
The test plant last year was hit on the top main cola, SOOO many nanners, so this time went with a couple lower branches. Checked it over this morning and no open flowers yet but the nanners look to be swelling up so hopefully some soon.

Test for DSC last year when he started selling it. ( some dust up since then and he's no longer onsite from what I've been told ) Dry powder, mix yourself into 2 stock solutions ( still have those bottles as well ) this spraying was done with the already mixed A and B solution in the sprayer I used last year. It has been sitting on bottom shelf in the back of my fridge. I myself have tried twice before with batch powder in bags, with similar bad results. I liked his because it was all pre measured and ready for you. All of bag A in the A bottle, All of bag B in the B bottle, add water, stir, mix B into A into your sprayer.
How many total sprays did you do over how long?
I just hit the tips of the lower branches. Just enough to get them wet, not even a full trigger pull. Every other day or two, maybe 4 or 5 times over a week.
I did as many as five sprays spaced 2 or three days apart, but only one of the plants hit 4 or 5 times survived and reversed. It sounds as though your application was a lot lighter than mine even after I went with nodes and tips only. I read one research article somewhere that stated that STS is more mobile inside the plant than CS is, and I think I can see that in the results. It seems that if the dose is right, it may not matter much where it is applied, most or all of the plant will reverse. OTOH, some on here seem to get selfing seeds from deliberate partial reversal. :shrug:@BCBudlady mentioned one grower she knows that gets plants reversed with only two applications about five days apart. The wide variation in application tech is what makes this difficult.

All considered, the next time around, I will do very light applications by spray to branch tips and top, and maybe only three applications spaced three or four days apart. Unless I change my mind... :pighug: :crying:

I did as many as five sprays spaced 2 or three days apart, but only one of the plants hit 4 or 5 times survived and reversed. It sounds as though your application was a lot lighter than mine even after I went with nodes and tips only. I read one research article somewhere that stated that STS is more mobile inside the plant than CS is, and I think I can see that in the results. It seems that if the dose is right, it may not matter much where it is applied, most or all of the plant will reverse. OTOH, some on here seem to get selfing seeds from deliberate partial reversal. :shrug:@BCBudlady mentioned one grower she knows that gets plants reversed with only two applications about five days apart. The wide variation in application tech is what makes this difficult.

All considered, the next time around, I will do very light applications by spray to branch tips and top, and maybe only three applications spaced three or four days apart. Unless I change my mind... :pighug: :crying:
This one will be selfed, I have the solo stretch and a regular pot plant I can pollenate a branch on for pheno hunting.....we'll have to see what happens.

Back