First DWC RH problems/questions

Reaction score
Hi folks, my first attempt at DWC is going well so far but this big girl is just starting to flower and I'm having trouble getting the RH down and I don't want mold or bud rot problems.
I'm running Phoenix seeds auto ultimate under a MH SP3000 in a 5 x 2.75' closet with a infinity 6" exhaust vented outside. 10 gallon tote for the res, with MC 2 part neuts. She's drinking about 1.5 gallons of water a day.

Presently the lights are 18/6, the temp averages 75 and the RH averages 72% If i run the exhaust high enough to lower the RH, the temp gets to low as well.

Run the fan high and add heat or get a dehumidifier?

20210511_180754.jpg
20210511_180908.jpg

Very nice plant! The dehumidifier is a double edge sword as most of them exhaust warm dehumidified air so you might end up running your fan full anyway. I guess IMHO it comes down to what's cheaper to do...heat the room and run the fan or run the dehumidifier and run the fan!

For a first run at DWC, that is a monster! Holy cow.

Thanks! This is the biggest plant I've ever grown indoors and she is a transpiration machine.

• Haha
Reactions: EP3
When you say vented outside do you mean outdoors or just outside of the cabinet? A dehydrator in the lung room will help a lot. You can run up to 82°F with LEDs with out any heat problems You should be able to get the RH down to 50%.

That is a very bushy plant and you can remove some leaves from the bottom and inside for air movement. This can help a bit but you need a dehumidifier.

Reactions: EP3
Absolute monster!! :d5:
Nice job.
Cheers,
EP3

Nice work! I would try both (fan and dehumidifier) and see what works. I like your res. BTW. I have the same thing.

When you say vented outside do you mean outdoors or just outside of the cabinet? A dehydrator in the lung room will help a lot. You can run up to 82°F with LEDs with out any heat problems You should be able to get the RH down to 50%.

That is a very bushy plant and you can remove some leaves from the bottom and inside for air movement. This can help a bit but you need a dehumidifier.

Hey MoG, I vent outdoors. When you say lung room, are you referring to the room my intake comes from? If so, this is a conditioned space with 45-50% RH already but I can add a dehumidifier to get it lower.

I had thought about removing some leaves but I've done that twice already (believe it or not ) and didn't want it to stress more.

Hey MoG, I vent outdoors. When you say lung room, are you referring to the room my intake comes from? If so, this is a conditioned space with 45-50% RH already but I can add a dehumidifier to get it lower.

I had thought about removing some leaves but I've done that twice already (believe it or not ) and didn't want it to stress more.
Yes the room the tent is in. I have to lower my lung room to <40% to get the grow space down to 50% when I am in your "season". My needs change all year.

That is the thing about defoliating, If the plant wants the leaves it will just regrow them. I think this is a waste of energy that the plant can direct to the buds if the leaves are just left alone. In your case though removing a few low and inside leaves could help with the RH.

Thanks MoG! I made some adjustments tonight so I'll wait a couple of days and see how it does.

Back