New Grower First Ever Grow- Mephisto Seeds/Coco/Megacrop

Not me! I went with the 3.9 gal because my arthritic hands can't handle anything heavier! :pass:
haha! I hear that! I was thinking that it will be easier to LST with the 5gal fabric pots over the 3.9gal hard pots.

haha! I hear that! I was thinking that it will be easier to LST with the 5gal fabric pots over the 3.9gal hard pots.
If I'm using pots with a lip, I just tie a string with loops around the pot, so pot size really doesn't matter to me for LST. Anymore, I just top the plant at the 4th true node and sometimes use a styrofoam plate to help spread the shoots out a little. :pass:

If I'm using pots with a lip, I just tie a string with loops around the pot, so pot size really doesn't matter to me for LST. Anymore, I just top the plant at the 4th true node and sometimes use a styrofoam plate to help spread the shoots out a little. :pass:
I actually planned on trying topping at the 4th node! Gotta get there first. That's a pretty cool trick with the plate. :smoking:

I've been trying to work on not peaking in the tent, only looked 3 times today, feeling pretty proud of myself lol

I see you hand feed your plants, any advice on watering down the line? when do you usually start your nutes? I plan on starting Day 7(upcoming Wednesday)

I see you hand feed your plants, any advice on watering down the line? when do you usually start your nutes? I plan on starting Day 7(upcoming Wednesday)
I start my nutes from time I first feed/water my coco, (before planting), with 5 ml of Cal/Mag+ per gallon. I start the MC at the same time, but at only 1 gram per gallon. Some growers start with 2 grams per gallon, but I've found that using MC at that strength will twist leaves and stunt growth on some, (but not all), of my new sprouts. I usually up it to 2 grams anywhere from Day 10 - 14. With that said, I should add that I use un-buffered coco which will pull calcium that normally would be available for the plant. Here's what came up when I goggled coco coir and calcium ... Quality coco coir has been treated to replace some of these cation sites with a calcium (such as calcium nitrate). Calcium has a stronger bond to the cation sites than potassium or sodium because it has a double positive charge as opposed to the single positive charge of potassium or sodium. :pass:

I start my nutes from time I first feed/water my coco, (before planting), with 5 ml of Cal/Mag+ per gallon. I start the MC at the same time, but at only 1 gram per gallon. Some growers start with 2 grams per gallon, but I've found that using MC at that strength will twist leaves and stunt growth on some, (but not all), of my new sprouts. I usually up it to 2 grams anywhere from Day 10 - 14. With that said, I should add that I use un-buffered coco which will pull calcium that normally would be available for the plant. Here's what came up when I goggled coco coir and calcium ... Quality coco coir has been treated to replace some of these cation sites with a calcium (such as calcium nitrate). Calcium has a stronger bond to the cation sites than potassium or sodium because it has a double positive charge as opposed to the single positive charge of potassium or sodium. :pass:
nice, I use prebuffered coco. I also use dechlorinated hard tap water (past couple days ~160ppm). I planned on working my way up from 1gram/gal of MC on a weekly basis starting this week.

Day 4 Update:

Good morning everyone :coffee2:. Just some photos. All three girls had a little growth. As someone who never grew anything before, it's quite fascinating watching them grow a little day by day:pop:. Tomorrow will be one week since I presoaked the coco. They will get their Recharge treatment with 600ML. I planned on starting MC on Wednesday(Day 7). Could I possibly deviate from the plan and start tomorrow?:thanks::smoking:
50 shades of grape D4.png
MBAP D4.png
Pinot Noir D4.png

@pop22 Quick question if you don't mind. I've read some of your past posts how you primarily feed your plants 500-550ppm from first feeding, is that through the whole autoflower cycle? Do you have a general idea when you start your feeding? Thanks for your time! :smoking: :cheers:

I start right after I transplant, so 7 to 10 days. Yes, I fed continuously till chop

@pop22 Quick question if you don't mind. I've read some of your past posts how you primarily feed your plants 500-550ppm from first feeding, is that through the whole autoflower cycle? Do you have a general idea when you start your feeding? Thanks for your time! :smoking: :cheers:

I start right after I transplant, so 7 to 10 days. Yes, I fed continuously till chop
Thanks for the reply! I skipped transplanting my first run trying to keep things simple. Looking at my girls compared to others that transplanted, it seems I probably should have tried it. Do you use all of Greenleaf products through your grow to increase ppm?

No, I keep things simple. The only thing I use is MC, nothing else is really needed!

Thanks for the reply! I skipped transplanting my first run trying to keep things simple. Looking at my girls compared to others that transplanted, it seems I probably should have tried it. Do you use all of Greenleaf products through your grow to increase ppm?

Back