New Grower First grow - 2x4 tent, QBs, Megacrop, HST and LST, seeds from 00, Seedsman, Phoenix, GPS

It would be pretty hard to screw them up to badly at this point. You already have consumable cannabis, whatever happens next only makes it better. Enjoy the ride and then enjoy the harvest

:pass:

:vibes:

You're right! Thanks for the reality check. I often overthink things. And worry. I'll try to chill and just enjoy it. It's a pretty great feeling to be self sufficient in creating this great med from these amazing plants. To be able to read them, help them achieve their highest genetic potential. It's enlightening.

It's a great challenge, too, the kind of which has been missing in my life for a few years. A challenge with a great reward. No more worrying about supply, etc. Choosing what to grow, method, training, so much freedom, and so much to learn.

I'm so glad that the states are loosening their strangle hold on this plant. So happy that I decided to jump in with both feet. It was difficult to keep track of everything, keep all the plants happy, but I've succeeded! And soon will be able to reap the rewards, and share with friends and family. It's a great feeling.

I'm going to give them another feeding tonight. Just RO water, with light bloom nutes, 5ml CalMag, and 1Tblsp/G of Molasses. And if I remember, another foliar feeding with Kelp and CalMag at lights out tonight.

In related news, I rigged up an LED light on this awesome old AO microscope I picked up for $10 from goodwill. I've been having a great time showing my daughters the cool stuff there is to see.
IMG_20190614_193352.jpg

It's a high-quality stereo scope from the 50s or 60s.

I'm excited to start brewing ACTs and seeing all the tiny life.
IMG_20190614_193738.jpg
^ That's a bean leaf.

I watered the NL tonight with BE @2g/G, CalMag 5ml, and 1Tbsp of Molasses
pH'd the water to 6.5, as I believe the soil is acidic. Watered to runoff and got:
pH 6.0
EC 7!!
And this plant had been getting less nutes than the others. It's such a light feeder, and with my tap water, I guess there's just a ton of salts built up.
So, my plan is to continue to water with RO every 2 days. The plant is still drinking heavily, quickly emptying its 3G container. The buds are beginning to fatten up nicely. There is some more yellowing and necrosis, but it's slowing down.

Last edited:
You're right! Thanks for the reality check. I often overthink things. And worry. I'll try to chill and just enjoy it. It's a pretty great feeling to be self sufficient in creating this great med from these amazing plants. To be able to read them, help them achieve their highest genetic potential. It's enlightening.

It's a great challenge, too, the kind of which has been missing in my life for a few years. A challenge with a great reward. No more worrying about supply, etc. Choosing what to grow, method, training, so much freedom, and so much to learn.

I'm so glad that the states are loosening their strangle hold on this plant. So happy that I decided to jump in with both feet. It was difficult to keep track of everything, keep all the plants happy, but I've succeeded! And soon will be able to reap the rewards, and share with friends and family. It's a great feeling.

I'm going to give them another feeding tonight. Just RO water, with light bloom nutes, 5ml CalMag, and 1Tblsp/G of Molasses. And if I remember, another foliar feeding with Kelp and CalMag at lights out tonight.
You’ve done a phenomenal job on this grow!
:slap:

Thanks for the rep!
I'm here not only to garner advice for myself when needed, but also as a source of learning for others. I've learned so much from other's grows, and I believe this site to be a great resource. I'm glad I found this place!

Tent shot for now.
IMG_20190615_124936.jpg

The WW got a little dry, so I gave it RO water with BE @2g/G, CalMag @ 5ml/G, and Molasses @ 1Tbsp/G. PH'd to 6.5

Maybe giving bloom nutes this close to harvest is a mistake. Anyway, it's my gut feeling and I'm going with it. It'll probably be the last one though.
So the WW will probably perk up pretty soon.

When they are this close that’s always my favorite part of the grow. I find myself in the grow room a lot more those last 2 weeks. Even though they just need me to leave them alone I always find myself in their telling them how good they are doing and to keep it up. Squeeze them touch them smell them trim a leaf here and there. Tough to ignore them when they are so beautiful.

Keep it going, great grow

Me too. I've spent a lot of time with them overall! But especially now. The aroma is (almost literally) intoxicating.

Shifting focus outdoors for a while, the OBS-4 is really looking tired. It has been a vigorous, healthy plant, but something is up with it now. It's been windy lately, and it rained yesterday. It is in a scrog type frame to help it, but it may be taking the brunt of the wind today.
IMG_20190615_170233.jpg

It has new purple stripes running down many of the stems. This could be a calcium and/or magnesium deficiency? I thought I saw that somewhere - I'm going to look it up after this.
IMG_20190615_165846.jpg

So, a deficiency and the stress pcukd explain why it's getting weak. The stems feel weaker, more bendy, than the stems on the Cheese.
~
Now, for the Cheese, it's about the same size as the Orange Blossom, is in the same type of pot, same media, same nutrients, and the same environment. It seems to be handling the wind and rain just fine:
IMG_20190615_170325.jpg

And here is both of them, for comparison:
IMG_20190615_203121.jpg

~
One of the Sky Dwellers outdoors may be a female. It seems to have sprouted a couple of tiny calyxs, but I'm still inexperienced and may be misidentifying it. In any case, yesterday I up potted it into a 5G fabric pot with promix potting soil/Coco Loco. I added an 18" raised ring ($3 at Ocean State Job Lot!).
IMG_20190615_200852.jpg

As a reminder, this plant has been mainlined for 8, and one of the nodes actually regrew at the chopped point (in addition to the two branches from that node), so we have 9 tips. The one regrow tip is lagging behind and hasn't reached the ring just yet.

Last edited:
Lots to talk about now!

First, the Northern Lights is looking decent, but I hope it pumps up a bit more real soon. The trichomes are mostly cloudy, and I do see some amber here and there on the higher calyxes. So it's going to be soon. Maturity really seemed to come quick on this one.
IMG_20190617_192804.jpg

I decided to go ahead with a partial harvest on the Bubblegum and White Widow. Mostly for financial reasons, we need some product sooner than later.
IMG_20190617_193032.jpg
Anyway, I took less than half off of the plant, and I'm hoping for it to be able to put on some more weight! I rearranged the LST to open the canopy up and gave her some water.
IMG_20190617_193318.jpg

I took around the same amount from the White Widow.
IMG_20190617_193136.jpg
IMG_20190617_193239.jpg

Back