Photoperiod Growing Landraces! First up: Lao Sa!

That sure is a commitment of a growing spot!:headbang:
Yes it is, and likely a one time thing. I figure if I can get through this challenge with a decent grow, everything else will be a piece of cake! Might try to get a friend in Az to try growing some!

Update! Transplant completed! One of them was already almost as wide as the three gallon pot! I figure they'll get topped in a couple days . Also, the Diablo 200 light will be replaced by my custom HLG-300. This is a discontinued light that had exactly the heatsink I wanted, it's almost square. I wanted to replace the QB 288 Rspec boards with Diablo boards.I dithered for about 6 months about doing the swap because someone had the birght idea to rivet the boards to the heatsink..... likely the reason it was discontinued! I didn't want to ruin the Rspec boards, but finally I just drilled out the rivets. Turned out ok, boards are fine. In fact, I mounted them on a Slate 2 Double heatsink and will use them in my cabinet. Cabinet has been out of use for about a year, I sold the light I had in there.
So the Diablos are mounted and I'm putting a power cord on the 300 shortly and will hang it in the tent with the Lao Sa. I'll get pics later!

Here are the plants!

Lao Sa pic1 -6-1-2023.jpg
Lao Sa pic2 -6-1-2023.jpg

Update! Transplant completed! One of them was already almost as wide as the three gallon pot! I figure they'll get topped in a couple days . Also, the Diablo 200 light will be replaced by my custom HLG-300. This is a discontinued light that had exactly the heatsink I wanted, it's almost square. I wanted to replace the QB 288 Rspec boards with Diablo boards.I dithered for about 6 months about doing the swap because someone had the birght idea to rivet the boards to the heatsink..... likely the reason it was discontinued! I didn't want to ruin the Rspec boards, but finally I just drilled out the rivets. Turned out ok, boards are fine. In fact, I mounted them on a Slate 2 Double heatsink and will use them in my cabinet. Cabinet has been out of use for about a year, I sold the light I had in there.
So the Diablos are mounted and I'm putting a power cord on the 300 shortly and will hang it in the tent with the Lao Sa. I'll get pics later!

Here are the plants!

View attachment 1599262View attachment 1599263
would you be willing to sell the 200 Diablo? love mine and want to get another one but they are out of stock everywhere!

Back