First grow-discrete 2x3 perpetual grow box

CaptainKush88

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Decided I was going to start a small 2x3 auto grow since I had a huge cabinet in the basement not really being used... currently waiting for my girls to push throught the soil.. planted them in root farm hydro grow mix yesterday in 4 gal pots. Germinated for a couple days two seeds had nice tails and one didnt split but I decided to plant it anyways hoping itll go.. just trying to get the environment stabilized as yesterday I was having issues with too much heat ( high 30s °C)and low humidity(around 20%).. turned my extraction fan up a bit which helped cool it off down to around 29°C added a small cold mist humidifier this morning hoping itll drop the temps a bit more and raise the humidity.. seeds are; feminized love potion auto, fem northern lights x big bud, and the one that didnt split is lemon skunk.. attaching a few pics of the set up.. let me know what you think(I'll take harsh criticism if I'm doing anything wrong please let me know) decided to run the carbon filter outside of the unit so I can use the top shelf for drying and keep the bottom growing in s perpetual grow. My thinking is I can cut a hole or add a duct to the upper cabinet before the extraction fan to pull thr smell from both units at once when I start to dry.. carbon filter is in a box on top of cabinet with the top open to vent air into rafters.. hoping this does well with the smell or I'll have to reverse the filter and exhaust outside.. but I'll have to move the cabinet to the other side of the basement if I have to do that.. humidified has helped drop temp down to about 27°C and brought humidity up to around 40% already think I finally got the environment where it needs to be... any advice or criticism is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Attachments
Reactions:hairyman
Quote Reply
Report •••
[IMG alt="hairyman"]https://www.autoflower.org/data/avatars/m/27/27609.jpg?1581945341[/IMG]
hairyman
Year of the Dragons
AFN Gladiator

Jan 25, 20158,11139,937200

11 minutes ago
CaptainKush88 said:
Hey guys new to the site and haven't grown since I was a teenager. Decided I was going to start a small 2x3 auto grow since I had a huge cabinet in the basement not really being used... currently waiting for my girls to push throught the soil.. planted them in root farm hydro grow mix yesterday in 4 gal pots. Germinated for a couple days two seeds had nice tails and one didnt split but I decided to plant it anyways hoping itll go.. just trying to get the environment stabilized as yesterday I was having issues with too much heat and vow humidity.. turned my extraction fan up a bit and added a small cold mist humidifier this morning hoping itll drop the temps a bit more and raise the humidity.. seeds are; feminized love potion auto, fem northern lights x big bud, and the one that didnt split is lemon skunk.. attaching a few pics of the set up.. let me know what you think(I'll take harsh criticism if I'm doing anything wrong please let me know) decided to run the carbon filter outside of the unit so I can use the top shelf for drying and keep the bottom growing in s perpetual grow. My thinking is I can cut a hole or add a duct to the upper cabinet before the extraction fan to pull thr smell from both units at once when I start to dry.. carbon filter is in a box on top of cabinet with the top open to vent air into rafters.. hoping this does well with the smell or I'll have to reverse the filter and exhaust outside.. but I'll have to move the cabinet to the other side of the basement if I have to do that
welcome to afn pal,,,,great looking and well thought through set set up ,,,, :d5:

Like Quote Reply

Remove formatting

BoldItalicUnderline

Text colorFont size

Insert linkInsert imageGallery embedSmiliesInsert

AlignmentListInsert table

UndoRedo

Toggle BB codeBlogEntry/Blog/Series embed

Write your reply...

POST REPLY PREVIEW
Attach files
Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 1, Guests: 0)
Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)
User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 1)Show all
Share:
FacebookTwitterRedditPinterestTumblrWhatsAppEmailLink
About us
  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.
Quick Navigation
ForumsContact Us
User Menu
ProfileAccount DetailsNews FeedLog Out
Forum software by XenForo® © 2010-2019 XenForo Ltd. | Style and add-ons by ThemeHouse | Media embeds via s9e/MediaSites

Years ago when I first started out I came across this site https://trimthatweed.com/best-grow-box-for-beginners/ (yeah I still keep in until this day. They have some pretty useful information). Anyways, they advise that the best grow box for newbies would be the one that can control the humidity. Now, hear me out. Humidity is a funny thing. Too much of it and your plants die, too little then they won't grow properly. I know, weird, right?

Reactions: AMG

AMG

Good advice
Back