New Grower First Grow in 10 Years (Coco/Perlite, Mephisto Genetics)

Nice and frosty, looking good brother!! :pass:
Thanks Cooterjuice! I'm actually starting to get a little antsy. I figured it had been so long since I smoked weed that I wouldn't have a problem waiting but clearly that's not the case. I still have between 3 and 5 weeks to go, plus drying time. Time is going to slow! hehe.

Yea it gets exciting when you start seeing those buds get bigger!!

Day 54:
Room Temp: 75f
Leaf Temp: 73f
RH: 55%
Light Distance: 13" / 60,000 Lux

I wound up buying a cheap light meter. It only reads in Lux/FC, but that's fine for now since I'm still using a HID. The center of the canopy gets 60,000 Lux, which according to one list I found is on the upper end of what you want during flowering. The meter also happens to be one which there is a popular Lux to PAR hack for. (Link. Thanks @KDawg for suggesting it). Ultimately I'm not expecting the light meter to make or break my grow, I just wanted to have something to rely on other than the "back of the hand" method.

Forum Stomper is doing great! She's got 3 giant cola's and a bunch of offshoots and buds. Pistols are still very white but she's getting more and more frosty each day. Serrated edges on the leaves are curling a tiny bit so I'll probably raise the light a little. Oddly enough it doesn't smell as much as I thought it would. Don't get me wrong it definitely smells like weed, I just thought (hoped) it would be completely overwhelming my basement by now, hehe. Maybe that comes later?
Day54a.jpg Day54b.jpg Day54c.jpg

Skywalker is.. still alive... We'll just leave it at that, lol.

Day 61:
Room Temp: 72f
Leaf Temp: 70f
RH: 46%
Lights: 670 ppfd, 48.2 DLI (No more Distance/Lux!)

It's been an interesting week! I wound up having to make another post in the Infirmary because I was seeing yellowing, spotting and hammered veins. It actually turned to be a 5 page thread. Here's the link in case anybody is interested. One of the main issue was that my EC/TDS meter was off by 224 points! (I should have bought the calibration solution months ago!) Definitely learned a lot and hopefully the situation is under control now.

Somebody had recommended the Photone app for determining PPFD/DLI and I have to admit, it's AWESOME!! It really let me dial in the lights, because as you can see from the pictures there is definitely heat stress on some of the leaves. (Canoeing). Glad I bought that Lux meter though, since the app needed it to be calibrated, hehe.

Just now starting to see an amber pistol here and there. I also bought a jewelers loupe and the trichomes are almost all still clear, so I've still a little bit to go. It appears as if I got lucky with the humidity since it's November and cold. From what I've read 45% humidity is perfect for the last few weeks of flowering.

It may just be my imagination, but I think the buds are starting to fill in a little. Hopefully there is only another week or two left! I'm getting impatient, lol.

Day61a.jpg Day61b.jpg

Day 70:
Room Temp: 71f
Leaf Temp: 70f
RH: 46%
Lights: 637 ppfd, 45.8 DLI

Just a quick update. I'm desperately waiting for these trichomes to turn amber, hehe. They are really getting cloudy so it should start happening any day now. Mephisto gives a 65-75 day window but I've read it can sometimes take a week or two longer.

I didn't think I'd be this anxious! I feel like I need to smoke some weed in order to alleviate my anxiety about my weed not being ready.. The irony is not lost on me, lol.

The anticipation gets easier, lmao :smoking:

Day 77:
Room Temp: 72f
Leaf Temp: 71f
RH: 48%
Lights: 628 ppfd, 44.7 DLI

FLUSHING BEGINS!

All of the main colas have a good amount of amber trichomes. The bottom buds are mostly cloudy with some clear so that should give me a nice variety. I've been off-gassing the chlorine in my tap water in anticipation for this, hehe. After adjusting the pH the water is 45ppm.

Since I'm in coco I *think* I can get away with only a 3 day flush, but I might do 5-7 just to be safe. I guess it also depends on what the trichomes look like at the time.

Big thanks to @Fermented_Fruitz for helping me out with selecting a microscope. They key to success was using a desktop microphone stand.

Trichomes00.jpg Trichomes01.jpg Trichomes02.jpg

Lol, your gonna be so ripped smoking that if you haven't smoked in so long. I suggest take one hit then run away from your pipe as fast as possible or my guess is you will be overbaked and it may not be very enjoyable.

Give it a couple weeks and you'll look like snoop dog on the tv, don't worry.

Back